Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.8.2 Supplemental; no issues.

Also, I forgot to mention that after I upgrade to the Mountain Lion version of AppleHDA.kext (and made the associated DSDT changes), the ML boot times are a LOT faster. I'm in ML now in under 20 seconds.. before it was taking up to a minute.

Guessing you're not booting off a SSD?

And this thread sure got quiet -- guess all of the z77e-itx users are happily running now. Thanks again.

Guessing you're not booting off a SSD?

And this thread sure got quiet -- guess all of the z77e-itx users are happily running now. Thanks again.

yup I'm using an M4 SSD. For some reason, my boot up time was super slow using the Lion audio stuff.. ML sped it right up.

I was wondering if there is a way to JUST fix the long wake? Also, I've been trying to overclock via the Bios and no matter what I do, HW monitor is only reading max multiplier of 39 (3.9GHZ). Why is that? BTW: I have generatePstates and genertateCstates removed from my Plist. I don't know if that has any bearing or if there something else I need to do.

I was wondering if there is a way to JUST fix the long wake? Also, I've been trying to overclock via the Bios and no matter what I do, HW monitor is only reading max multiplier of 39 (3.9GHZ). Why is that? BTW: I have generatePstates and genertateCstates removed from my Plist. I don't know if that has any bearing or if there something else I need to do.

Hrmm. Very odd.

Are you running the 1.30 BIOS? If so, are you running the modified for unmodified?

The only settings I had to change in the BIOS were set the multiplier to 4.5 and the voltage to fixed at 1.155V.

I haven't experimented too much, but try my boot plist.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot copy.plist.nonHD400.plist
    627 bytes · Views: 289
Great build and i also have this board up and running. i got more geekbench performance when i add the i7 SSDT.aml from multi beast (well just used my old SSD where this SSDT.aml still was installed) and did a test. i noticed that i have more then 1000 geekbench score with this SSDT.aml enabled. Maybe this is old news, but could not find this from the search results.....

Great build and i also have this board up and running. i got more geekbench performance when i add the i7 SSDT.aml from multi beast (well just used my old SSD where this SSDT.aml still was installed) and did a test. i noticed that i have more then 1000 geekbench score with this SSDT.aml enabled. Maybe this is old news, but could not find this from the search results.....

Interesting.. I didn't think SSDT's were necessary for Ivy Bridge. I don't know much about them, but it's interesting you're getting 1000 points higher. Curious, what is your overclock and what pstates are you seeing?

Thanks for the help so far Buckeye, I fixed the long wake by editing the DSDT. I also learned how to create an SSDT, which was the ONLY way to get osx to have Pstates higher than the stock turbo (3.9GHZ) I don't know how you guys got Mountain lion to overclock, but I HAD to make an SSDT. So far it's working Great. What bios settings are you using? I am running it at 4.5 w/1.19V Is that about right, or should I adjust some settings? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the help so far Buckeye, I fixed the long wake by editing the DSDT. I also learned how to create an SSDT, which was the ONLY way to get osx to have Pstates higher than the stock turbo (3.9GHZ) I don't know how you guys got Mountain lion to overclock, but I HAD to make an SSDT. So far it's working Great. What bios settings are you using? I am running it at 4.5 w/1.19V Is that about right, or should I adjust some settings? Thanks again for the help.

Ah hah! That explains my Pstates as well.. can you post your SSDT?

I'll check my voltage when I get home.

thanks.

And good job on the DSDT.. it's not too bad once you get into it :)

Since you're using HD4000, suggest you try to get HDMI working.. there's some good tutorials by Toleda in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back