Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked, thank you! Let's go ahead and add the rest of the stuff now.

By the way, are you able to get your CPU temps?

I'll add your stuff in a bit.. have a few "honey do" chores first :)

remember she knows best.

*she owes me five bucks for saying that*

j/k. LOL

I cant get HWMonitor to launch. The icon just moves and nothing happens.

Any chance you want to dig in to an HDMI audio edit for me? Im so confused by the guide you linked

I cant get HWMonitor to launch. The icon just moves and nothing happens.

Any chance you want to dig in to an HDMI audio edit for me? Im so confused by the guide you linked

The app just launches in the menu bar above.. there's no standalone app.

Sorry, the HDMI edits are pretty complex and as we saw, my edits wont' work for you.

Worked, thank you! Let's go ahead and add the rest of the stuff now.

By the way, are you able to get your CPU temps?

Attached.

Should have all edits now sans HDMI Audio.

Attachments

• ha_DSDT.aml.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 105
Updated as follows (thanks to all my guinea pigs) :)

Added three DSDTs to the original build post.

All DSDTs include the fixes for external disk icons, long wake, and add on board audio.

1. DSDT.aml.Lion.Audio.zip - This DSDT includes the on board audio support if you are using the LION AppleHDA.kext (from the latest Multibeast 'With DSDT' settings.

2. DSDT.aml.ML.Audio.zip - This DSDT includes the on board audio support if you are using the MOUNTAIN LION AppleHDA.kext (as explained above).

3. DSDT.aml.ML.Audio.HDMI.zip - Same as #2, but *my* working HD4000 and discrete GPU HDMI audio support. This will most likely not work for you. See the posts later in this thread with the explanation on how to add HDMI audio.

If you get a kernel panic with any of these DSDTs, at the chameleon boot prompt type DSDT=Null and it should bypass the DSDT loading.

Sorry to spam your thread -- I'm almost entirely squared away now thanks to all of your help.

Two questions:

1) The latest "custom" DSDT you gave me, is that optimized for the ML AppleHDA.kext audio as specified in your original post? That is, don't check off -any- audio settings in MultiBeast 5.0.2 after a fresh install and proceed with the instructions about the Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext?

2) In regards to the terminal-based 10.8.2 tweaks for TRIM, it's now -unnecessary- to check off the "TRIM Enabler" in MB 5.0.2, rather we should just do the command line tweaks?

Thanks so much! I hope your wife realizes how much you (and others involved here) are helping the z77e-itx hackintosh community!

Sorry to spam your thread -- I'm almost entirely squared away now thanks to all of your help.

No problem at all! That's what this thread is here for. This board turned out to be a perfect ITX hackintosh board.. everything works!

1) The latest "custom" DSDT you gave me, is that optimized for the ML AppleHDA.kext audio as specified in your original post? That is, don't check off -any- audio settings in MultiBeast 5.0.2 after a fresh install and proceed with the instructions about the Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext?

No sir, it is for the Lion AppleHDA.kext (installed via multibeast).

2) In regards to the terminal-based 10.8.2 tweaks for TRIM, it's now -unnecessary- to check off the "TRIM Enabler" in MB 5.0.2, rather we should just do the command line tweaks?

Yep, no TRIM Enabler in MB needed. Just the command line tweaks.

Hmm... the Lion-based audio seems to work perfectly. Think it's worth it go with the alpha drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back