Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, man, I just patched for you, try it as I posted above :thumbup:
And good luck!

I'll give that a try, what should I use in multibeast as well with my set of hardware?

Edit: in terms of GPU, bluetooth, etc

1080p display if you have a 1920x1080 monitor, of course, that will add
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, otherwise leave it checked, but befor reboot go to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and change values in order to match your display resolution.
MacMini 6,2 is the best choice at the moment to have Ivy Bridge Power Management optimized (more p-states). iMac 13,2 works pretty well, as well.

Attachments

• MultiBeast.jpg
    MultiBeast.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 190
I made a folder on the root of my SSD called Extra and put the dsdt file in there. Upon reboot now even going -v -x I am running into a freeze here. Was I supposed to run multibeast before rebooting?

Attachments

• DSC00127.jpg
    DSC00127.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 303
I made a folder on the root of my SSD called Extra and put the dsdt file in there. Upon reboot now even going -v -x I am running into a freeze here. Was I supposed to run multibeast before rebooting?
Here are the right steps
  • boot in -x mode to reach the desktop
  • delete the Extra folder you created
  • delete IONetworkingFamily.kext from System/Library/Extensions
  • delete CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext (if you have installed before) from System/Library/Extensions
  • put DSDT.aml I posted before on desktop
  • put IONetworkingFamily.kext downloaded from Buckeyes post#1 on desktop
  • run KextBeast (download from here)
  • run MultiBeast as posted here (ignore my previous post, I forgot Usb 3.0 Universal)
  • repair permission with Disk Utility
  • rebuilt cache with Kext Utility (download from here)
  • Now go to Extra folder (MultiBeast should have generated a new one an open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit
  • adjust your display resolution if not 1920x1080 as I posted before)
  • change Darkwake value from 2 to 10
  • reboot

Attachments

• MultiBeast.jpg
    MultiBeast.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 167
Here are the right steps
  • boot in -x mode to reach the desktop
  • delete the Extra folder you created
  • delete IONetworkingFamily.kext from System/Library/Extensions
  • delete CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext (if you have installed before) from System/Library/Extensions
  • put DSDT.aml I posted before on desktop
  • put IONetworkingFamily.kext downloaded from Buckeyes post#1 on desktop
  • run KextBeast (download from here)
  • run MultiBeast as posted here (ignore my previous post, I forgot Usb 3.0 Universal)
  • repair permission with Disk Utility
  • rebuilt cache with Kext Utility (download from here)
  • Now go to Extra folder (MultiBeast should have generated a new one an open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit
  • adjust your display resolution if not 1920x1080 as I posted before)
  • change Darkwake value from 2 to 10
  • reboot

I'll give it a shot, have Mountain Lion reinstalling (again) right now :) I will start with

put DSDT.aml I posted before on desktop

Delete default IONetworkingFamily.kext from System/Library/Extensions anyway. As a general rule, delete a file and add a new one is better than overwrite it.
Of course you won't find CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext in a fresh install, so proceed with following steps as explained

Delete default IONetworkingFamily.kext from System/Library/Extensions anyway. As a general rule, delete a file and add a new one is better than overwrite it.
Of course you won't find CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext in a fresh install, so proceed with following steps as explained

I started before seeing this post so I did everything except deleting the default IONetworkingFamily.kext and I also selected TRIM enabler for 10.8.3+ since I have an SSD, when I rebooted afterwards here is what I get. (Edit: I also entered my own resolution of 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080)

-v stops at

DSC00130.jpg

-v -x stops at

DSC00132.jpg

Can't boot into Mountain Lion again

Should I start again from square 1?

can you try the entire installation process with hdmi?
furthermore:what about the bios you are using?
what version? is it patched?
anyway, unzip the new patched file named Z77EI1.80.zip attached here (I patched, and it's 1.80: the latest version available for Z77E)and place the Z77E1.80 file extracted into a USB flash drive (MS DOS-FAT formatted), press F6 while booting into UEFI Bios, or find Instant Flash command at the bottom of Advanced\South Bridge Configuration and flash your Bios. After that, restart from scratch, double check bios config (see my guide in sig, maybe you find something useful) and post a new extracted virgin dsdt

Attachments

• Z77EI1.80.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back