Contribute
Register

Asrock z68 pro3 gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.
what options I set on multibeast?

i use the default setting for the BIOS except AHCI and the onboard graphic completely off (it boots faster this way).
After the install i only did
Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.42.27 AM.png

Igormaiden, I cannot predict anything without looking at the actual error.

But I would suggest you to reset the BIOS to factory settings and running CPU in stock speed just to get everything working first.

Once everything is ok you can over clock if it is important. (Over clock it to 4.2 SSDT is available in multibeast)

I would take the GPU out or power it down to test everything is working and then install the GPU back but, it is up to you.

If you decided to take the GPU out of power it down then.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

Download the attached DSDT unzip it and keep it on the desktop run the Latest Multibeast with below settings.

Check TRIM Enabler only if you have SSD else do not check it.

Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 11.26.36.png

Note: If you run the CPU on stock speed check only the stock speed SSDT file from Multibeast (First under SSDT Option)
When you decide to over clock the CPU to 4.2Gz install the over clocked SSDT file from Multibeast (3rd option under SSDT option).

drevan, Those Multibeast settings looks good except 2 things. Do not check the Easybeast and Bootloaders options.

Go to S/L/E and delete the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. As long as this kext is in folder sleep will not work

When you check DSDT or DSDT free option it installs the bootloader by default.

Also i assume you have patched the BIOS with modded BIOS ROM?

Set the BIOS as i have give and try the sleep if it doesn't work then try changing the SMBIOS to iMac 12.2.

i was using official 2.30 at first. deleted the file "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext., flashed the BIOS 2.30 (from samisnake's guide), did all the setting mentioned above (except the onboard) but still no HDMI showing up and sleep didn't work, (technically wake-up didn't work) :). I saw the thread about 55ti freezing, i still haven't had an issue with that but if the HDMI is affected i guess ill have to replace it.
I guess i can try the just onboard video to test the DSDT sleep/ onboard HDMI.

Igormaiden, I cannot predict anything without looking at the actual error.

But I would suggest you to reset the BIOS to factory settings and running CPU in stock speed just to get everything working first.

Once everything is ok you can over clock if it is important. (Over clock it to 4.2 SSDT is available in multibeast)

I would take the GPU out or power it down to test everything is working and then install the GPU back but, it is up to you.

If you decided to take the GPU out of power it down then.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

Download the attached DSDT unzip it and keep it on the desktop run the Latest Multibeast with below settings.

Check TRIM Enabler only if you have SSD else do not check it.

View attachment 41164

Note: If you run the CPU on stock speed check only the stock speed SSDT file from Multibeast (First under SSDT Option)
When you decide to over clock the CPU to 4.2Gz install the over clocked SSDT file from Multibeast (3rd option under SSDT option).

ok it works
also with cpu OC
thanks

drevan, I am pretty sure the sleep issue is due to the GPU. Get the correct drivers you should be ok.

The DSDT has already got all the edits for onboard/GPU HDMI Audio and sleep.

The CPU have on that build has no HD3000, so you will not be able to boot into OSX without a GPU.

Connect the HDMI device and go to system preference and under Sound > Output see if the video card HDMI port is visible and selected.

More info about HDMI Audio > http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/28626-lion-hdmi-audio-part-3b-kext-edits-nvidia.html

MiniITX, i have i little (big) problem
if the cpu is at default everything is ok
but if I OC, the multiplier remains locked to x16 and also when CPU works always remains at x16 ...
the SSDT is for the CPU OC up to 4.2 GHz...
What can I do?
thanks

EDIT: now it works....boh

another thing, sometimes the DVD recorder sounds like if it moved the head inside...

Attachments

• CPU.tiff
    125.7 KB · Views: 241
No HDMI, sleep doesn't work.
Im gonna play a little bit more with other drivers if not ill just go to Fry's get a new VGA probably 650.
Any suggestion on other Nvidia cards i wont go the ATI road not a fan of them.

Edit: i bought gigabyte gtx 650 ti 2gb, will attach dsdt for the new configuration soon.

Edit2: Took me a while (2 tries) to install 10.8.2 with the new card, HDMI works great, Wake up still its not working (i haven't select system definition yet, could that be it?) but i don't mind i wont use it anyway, I'm happy that now i have sound.

Thanks for the DSDT MiniITX.

MiniITX, i have i little (big) problem
if the cpu is at default everything is ok
but if I OC, the multiplier remains locked to x16 and also when CPU works always remains at x16 ...
the SSDT is for the CPU OC up to 4.2 GHz...
What can I do?
thanks

EDIT: now it works....boh

another thing, sometimes the DVD recorder sounds like if it moved the head inside...

nothing, this morning the multiplier work, but now not...
any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back