Contribute
Register

AR9285 802.11n problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the both the original IO80211Family.kext that came with the the 10.7 distribution. The one which is on the usb i originally used to install osx 10.7, that I have. And I have the combo update (though I did not check if the update contains a IO80211Family.kext). In all cases I made a clone of my hard drive so Im a little bolder. I will try replacing the kext, applying the dsdt patch, then updating to 10.7.5.

I have the both the original IO80211Family.kext that came with the the 10.7 distribution. The one which is on the usb i originally used to install osx 10.7, that I have. And I have the combo update (though I did not check if the update contains a IO80211Family.kext). In all cases I made a clone of my hard drive so Im a little bolder. I will try replacing the kext, applying the dsdt patch, then updating to 10.7.5.

Oh, I see you're running 10.7.x... Give it a try maybe it works...

The best way would be to download 10.7.5 from the Mac App Store, then re-create your Unibeast USB with it. That way you have 10.7.5 kexts on your Unibeast USB...

I get the following compile errors (and warnings):

4106 Warning _REG has no corresponding Operation Region
10581 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (I000)

The lines respectively are:
4106: Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)
10581: Name (_HID, "ACPI000")

The thing is the errors (and warnings) appear when I try to compile the dsdt before and after the patch. In which case the line number for the error changes from 10560 to 10581.

I get the following compile errors (and warnings):

4106 Warning _REG has no corresponding Operation Region
10581 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (I000)

The lines respectively are:
4106: Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)
10581: Name (_HID, "ACPI000")

The thing is the errors (and warnings) appear when I try to compile the dsdt before and after the patch. In which case the line number for the error changes from 10560 to 10581.

I only see one error there. Change the "ACPI000" to "ACP0000"...

Should I ignore the warning?

Is there anyway I can install the DSDT without MultiBeast? The instructions on MultiBeast look to scary:

"EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for Core 2 or Core i systems. It installs Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Installs FakeSMC.kext, LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes and npci=0x3000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers."

I don't want to isntall Chimera or mess with my system boot, I have a dual boot system that has been working for years now, and took me weeks to setup and finally get working. Also I'm not sure if I want it messing with all the options like Boot.plist and UseKernelCache, etc. Any suggestions?

Is there anyway I can install the DSDT without MultiBeast? The instructions on MultiBeast look to scary:

"EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for Core 2 or Core i systems. It installs Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Installs FakeSMC.kext, LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes and npci=0x3000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers."

I don't want to isntall Chimera or mess with my system boot, I have a dual boot system that has been working for years now, and took me weeks to setup and finally get working. Also I'm not sure if I want it messing with all the options like Boot.plist and UseKernelCache, etc. Any suggestions?

You do not need to use Multibeast at all to install DSDT. DSDT is just one file: /Extra/dsdt.aml. Simply Save As to /Extra/dsdt.aml and you're done.

So I installed the vanilla kext that came with 10.7 and the patched DSDT with your new patch. But unfortunately it didn't work. I get no hardware installed. Any ideas?

No I'm using a 10.7.0 kext with 10.7.4. I have been trying to upgrade to 10.7.5 but wasted lots of time attempting, and failed miserably. I've attached my IOReg and my patched DSDT.

So this is on 10.7.4, DSDT with your code patch, with 10.7.0 vanilla IO80211Family.kext. Hope this will help.

Attachments

• n53sv-vanillaIO80211.zip
    460 KB · Views: 100
  • DSDT-n53sv-vanillaIO80211.aml.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back