Contribute
Register

Apple's Aging Mac Pro Line to be Discontinued in Europe as of March 1st 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a matter of time until this extends to everywhere. I'm sure apple is considering this as a trial run and see how people respond. If there is no significant backlash expect the rest of the markets to follow in the coming years.

@ Supermulti

"Shipping a Macbook "Pro" w/o an Ethernet port? There´s no way a company, which is serious about professionals would ever do that. I know quite a few people who got a non-retina MBP because of that decision."

//

You can get a TB to ethernet adapter for the RMBP - they have 2 x TB outs

:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD463ZM/A/thunderbolt-to-gigabit-ethernet-adapter? for the low low price of only $29.99

My bet is that Apple will have a new mac pro LGA 2011 [see screen shot] and new apple display close to 4K - They will put 4 iPad 3 screens together with duck tape ; )

I was thinking about getting a Pro until April (for heavy audio applications) but now that is discontinued in Europe (and projects are running and i need a new machine), i see that the best option is to make "my" mac. I have an MBP 2012 and i really don't want to spend my money to a mini (mobile processors? no) or an iMac (i need pci and more internal storage units, also, i don't need the display).

So +1 for the CustoMac!

only a matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back