Contribute
Register

ALC1150 of Z97X-UD3H no sound after waking from computer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All
i did connect the line in black color, the sound work after sleep

Note: in the sound , select the output tap, select the Line Out Type Audio line-out Port, then restart the PC.

Running OS X 10.10.5
Z97X UD5h
GTX 690
I7 4790
8GB ram

update :
after much testing even the black port audio seems stopes after sleep within 30 min after the start.

Alternative is to use Audio USB dongle , cost around 10-20 US....

something like this the one mentioned in http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-august-2015.html mentioned in the accessories :

Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P02RP9825&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-tonymacx86%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

Attachments

• Sound After Sleep.png
    Sound After Sleep.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 236
Always this temporary method is annoying, but it did fix this issue. But you have to do this again the next time your Mac waking up from sleep.

In terminal, type the two following commands:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

I have the same mainboard and the same issue. I am running El Capitan 10.11.2 and your quick fix unfortunately doesn't help me. When I unload the kext, the speaker icon in the menu bar turns grey and after loading it again, it stays like that and no audio device is detected by the system.
So far only a reboot can solve this.

Did you figure anything out in the meantime or do you have any other suggestion why re-loading the kext doesn't work for me?

Thanks!

Guys, here the only solution that worked for me, use the BLACK output, not green one, and choose 'line out' in sound preferences, there are two choose the one that gives you some good music :) then sound will be present at wake up from sleep. 
This one works for me. There are two line out in my sound preference, just use the last one. Thanks a lot.

My desktop is: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H + 4790K

I just got to try it out and for some reason it actually works and even switches to headphones if you plug them into the front jacks. Even if you put the machine to sleep with the headphones plugged in, it seems to work without a problem so far.

Guys, here the only solution that worked for me, use the BLACK output, not green one, and choose 'line out' in sound preferences, there are two choose the one that gives you some good music :) then sound will be present at wake up from sleep. 

Awesome! This worked for me but after removing everything and and reinstalling the driver through MultiBeast again :)

Last edited:
Black output for me works! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back