Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire s3-391 i3 Mountain Lion Install (10.8.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway to add battery support? Doesn't show the battery bar, when I click "show battery status in menu bar" it just unchecks itself.

When I copy and paste that entire code block WGR73 posted, it shows 2 patches. Am I missing something? Should it show 5 patches total?

When I copy and paste that entire code block WGR73 posted, it shows 2 patches. Am I missing something? Should it show 5 patches total?

You're not copying the entire text. There are five patches, not two. Post your DSDT...

I follow Step 1 and create the USB.

I have a question on Step 2. Once the USB is ready and I only see the "Install OS X Mountain Lion" package. How can I rename/backup "AppleIntelGraphics*.kext"?

I use the USB to booton my acer and I see the apple logo with the progress circle and it stuck there.

Thanks.

Think for a second what you are trying to do...

1. I can't see the files, yet no one else is having any issues, so they must be there.
2. Aha. they must be hidden!
3. I need to unhide them

open up a terminal windows and do run these commands:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

then re-launch Finder if you plan to use a GUI to make the changes

after successfully patching, and completing step 7 i rebooted... it gets to the desktop just fine, but i am unable to use neither the mouse nor keyboard... although i am able to shutdown by holding the power button down

i tried using a wireless keyboard/ mouse (with a usb receiver), no luck... the keyboard mouse did work however before i did the reboot

a 2nd issue is an error message that appears after step 4:

"system extension /S/L/E/VoodooHDA.kext was installed improperly and it cannot be used...."

some observations i made booting in verbose mode:

Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC:: smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

would be nice to be able to use the keyboard/mouse again

User of Aspire S3 391, Core i3 3217U, HD4000, 4GB, 500GB+24GB SSD
This model can be used to guide the same?

User of Aspire S3 391, Core i3 3217U, HD4000, 4GB, 500GB+24GB SSD
This model can be used to guide the same?

Not really. Yours is Ivy Bridge. The guide in post#1 covers a Sandy Bridge model.

after successfully patching, and completing step 7 i rebooted... it gets to the desktop just fine, but i am unable to use neither the mouse nor keyboard... although i am able to shutdown by holding the power button down

i tried using a wireless keyboard/ mouse (with a usb receiver), no luck... the keyboard mouse did work however before i did the reboot

a 2nd issue is an error message that appears after step 4:

"system extension /S/L/E/VoodooHDA.kext was installed improperly and it cannot be used...."

some observations i made booting in verbose mode:

Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC:: smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

would be nice to be able to use the keyboard/mouse again
Boot in -v -x, that way USB will work for mouse/keyboard. Install the trackpad drivers and USB3.0 from Multibeast and then you should be ok. Make sure to use Kext wizard to repair.

Anyone get sleep to work and battery to show?
I think first post might be missing some steps for those.

Boot in -v -x, that way USB will work for mouse/keyboard. Install the trackpad drivers and USB3.0 from Multibeast and then you should be ok. Make sure to use Kext wizard to repair.

Thanks the -v-x worked, although only my S3's keyboard worked at the desktop. had to plug in a wireless usb keyboard/mouse to get mouse functionality... now its all good after installing trackpad drivers...

i think the kext wizard step to install drivers should be done before rebooting as you wont have input functionality otherwise

i'm reading the s3 master thread as my display is set to 1024x768 :(, obv want the full use of the graphics... looking into the battery thing, haven't tested sleep yet but there is a post:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by wgr73

I do notice that I don't have sleep issues when I unplug power, it's only when I have the power cable plugged in is when I have issues".

To which rehabman responded "Search for 'wake reason' in system.log. It might give a clue..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back