Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire s3-391 i3 Mountain Lion Install (10.8.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi wrg73,

Fellow Slickdealer here!

I wanted to personally thank you for reposting this guide. We will definitely see some traffic from slickdeals after that great sale over at walmart.

Cant wait to run this tutorial over the weekend!

Thanks to all that made this possible!

I can't find the "AppleIntelGraphics*.kext"

I only see
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

I rename those 3 files but still no luck. boot with option -v and found a few error:
BootCacheControl: unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext start failed
SMC: : smcIntelHelper Error

It got stuck in IOBluetoothHCIController

It got stuck in IOBluetoothHCIController

These are the files I removed to get it to install and boot:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext

Now if I can get the DSDT patch that wgr73 posted to work, I'd be setup and running. I bought an edimax wifi usb adapter and was able to connect to wifi though. Sound is still MIA until I get the patch fixed.

These are the files I removed to get it to install and boot:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext

Now if I can get the DSDT patch that wgr73 posted to work, I'd be setup and running. I bought an edimax wifi usb adapter and was able to connect to wifi though. Sound is still MIA until I get the patch fixed.

wgr73's link to ProBook installer is incorrect. You should download it from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/87816-hp-probook-installer-6-1-4x30s-4x40s-support.html

Also wgr73 you should mention to put a check mark on USB3.0 on Multibeast (otherwise I could only get my USB ports to work in safemode (-x).

As for those having issues installing, try booting with -v -x and get installed via Safemode.

My touchpad and keyboard became sketchy throughout the installation, so make sure to have an extra one laying around.
As of right now, I have USB, Sound, Trackpad, Keyboard and graphics all working. Obviously Wifi and Bluetooth do not work currently.

Thanks wgr73 for the instructions you wrote (just a few edits and it's perfect).

I was able to install probooks installer, but what options do I choose within there other than kext wizard and maciasl?

The problem is when I attempt to patch the DSDT file, the option to apply the patch is greyed out.

I was able to install probooks installer, but what options do I choose within there other than kext wizard and maciasl?

The problem is when I attempt to patch the DSDT file, the option to apply the patch is greyed out.

From Probook installer just pick the Kext Helper and MaciASL.

Open the MaciASL application, click the Patch button, then paste what OP has, click apply. Try to save it will error, then enter the other line OP listed.

---
Wgr73 which touchpad driver did you install? I installed V4 and it works however after waking up from sleep the touchpad stopped working. Also it seems like it isn't sleeping properly... it goes to sleep for 1 second and then wakes right up. If you close the lid it keeps going on and off sleep.

Make sure you copy/paste *all* of the patches shown in the code block.

Otherwise post your DSDT...

Open the MaciASL application, click the Patch button, then paste what OP has, click apply. Try to save it will error, then enter the other line OP listed.

When I attempt to do that the Apply button is greyed out. It says "2 patches, 0 needed"

Would you be willing to upload your dsdt.aml file?

Make sure you copy/paste *all* of the patches shown in the code block.

Otherwise post your DSDT...

I'm going to start fresh yet again with a new install and see if it'll work. After renaming the AppleIntelGraphics*.kext files the guide mentions that "you'll need this again." How so? Do I need to re-install them via the kext wizard?

When I attempt to do that the Apply button is greyed out. It says "2 patches, 0 needed"

Would you be willing to upload your dsdt.aml file?

You didn't copy/paste all of the patches. There are a total of five patches there, not including the additional TNOT one which makes six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back