Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ive installed os x 10.7 without any problems. Once booted into the OS, OSX and all apps lag upon opening, closing, minimizing, everything.

Ive upgraded to 10.7.3 and run the HP Probook Installer with settings:
10.7.3, i3/hd3000-Bios v F09, Ethernet Kext, Chimera

I used http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=41546 as my install guide. No uni/multi beast installed. Only HP Probook Installer v 3.3.0

At first booting took as long as 20+ minutes. But as soon as I went to boot with verbos, now, somehow its drastically dropped to less than 1 minute. The OS itself and apps continue to lag.

Any suggestions?

I want you to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and see how fast things are.

You will be at a low resolution but things should be nice and snappy.
Please report your findings and we can see what we do from here!

Thanks for your reply

Im not sure that GraphicsEnabler=No is doing anything. My resolution hasn't changed, and everything is behaving the same with lag.

The first thing I noticed is my boot time returned to 20+ minutes. And because no resolution change or behavioral changes with lag were found I rebooted again:

boot: GraphicsEnabler=No -v

This time booting with verbose mode again returned my boot time to ~1 minute. Additionally, resolution and lag appear to be unchanged.

I have only been able to get boot time < 20 minutes through verbose mode, even with no other flags.

Not sure how to tell if its 1080p, details on box are vague. Model is xu015ut#aba

synne said:
Not sure how to tell if its 1080p, details on box are vague. Model is xu015ut#aba
That is same model as mine. Did you select an SSDT for your CPU in the v4 Installer?

RehabMan said:
synne said:
That is same model as mine. Did you select an SSDT for your CPU in the v4 Installer?

Is your system 1080p ? I know its i3 2310m and HD3000. I had previously used HP Probook Installer v3.3.0 which didnt have any distinction between 1080p or not

synne said:
RehabMan said:
synne said:

Is your system 1080p ? I know its i3 2310m and HD3000. I had previously used HP Probook Installer v3.3.0 which didnt have any distinction between 1080p or not
No and yours isn't either. Because if it was 1080p you would have been the person to replace the screen and you would know you did!

So... back to my question... did you select the SSDT appropriate for your CPU in the v4 Probook installer? That is important, because if you didn't you are likely stuck with a CPU multiplier at 16 which is 1.6Ghz, when you should be able to go up to 21 or 2.1Ghz.

At any rate, you have exactly the same model as mine. And I know a 10.7.4 fresh install works because I've probably done it 10 times or more...

I have with no joy.

From v4 Installer Ive marked for installation:

OS X version
Chimera 1.10.0
Ethernet Kext Installer
CPU SSDT > i3 2310m
DSDTs for Standard screens > 4530s HD 3000 > BIOS revision F09

Anything else I need? Im also not using any boot flags
Does the SSDT require a SSD Hard drive?

synne said:
I have with no joy.

From v4 Installer Ive marked for installation:

OS X version
Chimera 1.10.0
Ethernet Kext Installer
CPU SSDT > i3 2310m
DSDTs for Standard screens > 4530s HD 3000 > BIOS revision F09

Anything else I need? Im also not using any boot flags
Does the SSDT require a SSD Hard drive?
Did you do a fresh install, by erasing the partition first? That was one thing I noticed strange about the Mac installer, is that it does't erase everything before installing... it installs over top. And at least on one occasion, this caused problems for me.

If not that, make sure you have Lion 10.7.4 and not some earlier version.

Also check your CPU. Yours should be i3-2310, but your profile says i3-2370 (?).

Finally, the only other possible difference between mine and yours is that I have BIOS F.20, so you could always try upgrading BIOS.

And no... SSDT has nothing to do with SSDs. Completely different topics...

You might want to install "Graphic Glitch Fix" from the v4 installer.

Also, after you have it up and running, slow or not, you might want to install HWMonitor and run it, such that you can see your multiplier. See what it is running at and does it ever go up to 21??

HWMonitor shows:

MULTIPLIERS
CPU Package Multiplier x8.0

Ive not seen it reach higher than x8.0 even on load. Not sure Im reviewing this properly though.

I have now updated my BIOS to match F20
Deleted the hsf+ partition with GParted
Reinstalled using 10.7.4
Ran HP Probok Installer 4, installing:
OS X v 10.7.4
Chimera 1.10.0
Ethernet Kext Installer
Bluetooth
CPU SSDTs > i3 > 2310m
Graphic Glitch Fix
DSDTs for standard screens > 4530s HD 3000 > BIOS rev F20
HWMonitor

All symptoms remain. Lag sometimes minutes between mouse clicks, just a spinning wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back