Contribute
Register

10.9.3 attempting to install getting kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
See post #2.
Ive Got it working!!!!!! i used these boot flags:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 and a few others :)
Thanks for your help! I would of NEVER done it without you :headbang:

I've posted on a near duplicate for 10.9.2, but since I'm actually installing 10.9.3 I am going to post here.

I am having exactly the same deadbeef error. I have tried deleting the file from the USB per post #2, I've tried maxmem=2048 and 4096. I've tried using the -v flag and the -x flag. I've tried with GraphicsEnabler = yes and no, I've tried PCIRoot=0 and 1.

Nothing! I'm still getting the kernel panic.

Any ideas?

My build:

GA-Z78N-WIFI
Intel 3i-4330
Crucial Ballistic Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 Very Low Profile
Samsung 840 SSD 120GB

That's it. Nothing else. No PICe card, no video card, nothing.

SOLVED:

OK, made it past the error. Thank you!

To be thorough:

I've deleted AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

I boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=0 maxmem=4096

I needed ALL those flags. maxmem alone did not do the trick.

Again, THANKS!!!

With this method I was finally able to get through the OSX Installation, I am on the Core i5 Haswell Intel NUC., by removing the files "AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext" while also adding maxmem=8192 along with the boot flags below.

For the Intel NUC according to WonkeyDonkey's Installation Guide for Intel Haswell NUC Core i5
-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003

Hardware Setup:

Thank You All that have helped.!
I almost gave up on OSX on the NUC.

SOLVED:

To be thorough:

Again, THANKS!!!

I had this error

The fix for me was to boot my PC with a Windows dvd, then remove all the hdd partitions. Once the hdd was completely blank I powered off and booted up with my 10.9.3 installer.

This time it ran fine

Hi, I too am new to Hackintosh and manged to successfully install Mavericks 10.9.3 to a separate hdd.
I'll include a screen of the panic and my hardware, if there's anything else you need to know to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Thanks!

I also used Multibeast 3.0.1.
Have also tried installing the latest Chimera and I get a boot0:error

i3-3220
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB (I've already installed modified kexts for this with Kextbeast after initial install and reboot)
G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3
Insignia 24" HDTV
Some old 750gb WD (i think) 2.5" hard drive I had lying around

My plan is to get OS X installed on this separate hard drive and use the bootloader to choose between either my OS X on one hard drive and my Windows 8.1 on my SSD (120GB Samsung 840 Evo in-case you need to know). I might also need to mention that I have another 3.5" 2TB Barricuda to install all my games and other stuff on. Thanks again in advance for any help/suggestions! Hope to hear back soon.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that -f doesn't work but I can still boot with Chimera from my USB (Installed Chimera to my hdd and I get the boot0:error message) and launch Mavericks with -x perfectly fine.

Attachments

• Mavericks 10.9.3 Kernel Panic.jpg
    Mavericks 10.9.3 Kernel Panic.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 162
SOLVED:

To be thorough:

Again, THANKS!!!

Did you delete these files from the Unibest boot USB? And how did you delete them, using Terminal?

Do you think this method will work for me I have a:
4th Generation Ivy E bridge socket 2011 i4930K CPU, with NVIDIA GTX 760? I have already disabled VT-d, etc having followed the tonymacx86 installation guide for Mavericks 10.9.3. But I cant seem to get to the Installer? Iv tried many many boot arguments:

-v -x cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0/1 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes npci=0x2000/3000 maxmem=4096 (Im only using one stick of 8gb too)

I get this error message after I hit enter on the 'boot loader screen' :

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL – fall back to old SMC mode

Here's a screenshot, any help would be greatly appreciated, Iv attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot Error.jpg
    Screenshot Error.jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back