Contribute
Register

10.8.2 Combo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone had the 10.8.2 installation fail on them? I was running Mountain Lion 10.8.1 with no problem, after the failed update my bluetooth is broken and the trackpad is undetected

has anyone had the 10.8.2 installation fail on them? I was running Mountain Lion 10.8.1 with no problem, after the failed update my bluetooth is broken and the trackpad is undetected

I had the exact same issue happen to me as well. I think mine actually did install 10.8.2 as the about this mac shows' 10.8.2 and I have all the features there.

It seems there are not any ioachiblockstorage patches.

//Just upgrade from probook 4540s, smooth update. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement unchange -> no kernelpanic. AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext upgrade -> replace kext from RehabMan. Just patched applehda.kext. Smooth update

may share patched applehda.kext and dsdt?

I cant boot after combo update 10.8.2 and after patching, see screenshot. Any idea what it is or what can I do?

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 439
did you reinstall using pro book installer 5.1b2 before rebooting?
if not try to boot with USB stick into newly installed 10.82 then use probook installer 5.1b2 and u will be ok

did you reinstall using pro book installer 5.1b2 before rebooting?
if not try to boot with USB stick into newly installed 10.82 then use probook installer 5.1b2 and u will be ok

What version of 5.1b2 are you talking about. I can't see one. Also, @xequter...I am getting the same problem. It freezes after it loads my Wifi. I installed the 10.8.2 update combo and not of different installs then ran the installer with @BigDonkey's extra patched files. Doesn't work unless I boot with -x. It's interesting we both have the i7-2720qm.

Well, update 10.8.2 kill my bluetooth (combo with wifi). repar permissions not work. Install 10.8.1 bluetooth kext not work too. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back