Contribute
Register

10.8.2 Combo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran the update and everything went ok except for two minor issues. One is that the Touchpad drivers seem to not be loading correctly I am not getting two finger scrolling and it is very erratic. A USB mouse works fine. Also the bluetooth is no longer working. This is what I get when I try to rebuild the kextcache. Any help would be great.

$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
Password:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]: The vtable 'vtable for AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController' is malformed. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[388] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

It killed multitouch scrolling for me. :/

I updated to 10.8.2 today. Used the manual install downloaded from apple.com. Updated onto existing working 10.8.1 install.

After updating, but before rebooting, I installed only my own AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (current version at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver/downloads). After reboot, no audio -- expected that. At that point, I installed AppleHDA.kext from the 10.8.1 package in tegezee's ProBook installer (I use Pacifist to extract). It would be better, probably, to patch the updated AppleHDA.kext in 10.8.2.

I seem to not be affected by the AHCI timing problem at this point, so I'm also running vanilla 10.8.2 IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext. I did, of course, have to use Trim Enabler to re-enable trim for my SSD.

I also updated iTunes, Java, and Xcode through the App Store update.

So far, things are working well.

This means, compared to previously, I'm running vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and vanilla IO80211Family.kext (did not have to remove OSBundleRequired/Network-Root in Info.plist). WiFi is working. HDMI is working. Hot plug HDMI does not seem to work (you have to use "Detect Displays") and I haven't tested VGA (I expect it won't work). Maybe this is why we need patch of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. For now, it is fine for me.

I notice some people having trouble with kp in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. But from my look at the update package, that kext is not there, so therefore unaffected by this update (it is updated in 10.7.5, which I'm probably not going to bother with).

My 4530s will only boot now with the -f flag. The boot hangs and then I get Still waiting for root device. I did not use the AHCI fix before, but now I can't seem to install anything with the HP Probook Installer 4.1B1. I get an Installation Fails. I've tried this on my backup drive and it gets the same error. So, I don't think having OSX and Windows 7 on the same HDD is the problem. Or is it? Otherwise, the update was fine. I ran the HP Probook Installer for that process without incident. But since then, the installer won't work to try that AHCI fix. Any thoughts?

My 4530s will only boot now with the -f flag. The boot hangs and then I get Still waiting for root device. I did not use the AHCI fix before, but now I can't seem to install anything with the HP Probook Installer 4.1B1. I get an Installation Fails. I've tried this on my backup drive and it gets the same error. So, I don't think having OSX and Windows 7 on the same HDD is the problem. Or is it? Otherwise, the update was fine. I ran the HP Probook Installer for that process without incident. But since then, the installer won't work to try that AHCI fix. Any thoughts?
The same issue!

The same issue!

Attaching AppleHDA.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext.Many thanks to bcc9 again!
Edit:Oops,BigDonkey already patched AppleHDA.kext.You can ignore mine.

Attachments

• 8.2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 431
Attaching AppleHDA.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext.Many thanks to bcc9 again!
Edit:Oops,BigDonkey already patched AppleHDA.kext.You can ignore mine.
Actually, AppleHDA.kext in HP ProBook 5b.1 works in OS X 10.8.2! The only issue I had that was IOAHCIFamily.kext and now it works. Thank you very much!

Bluetooth combo not working ....everything is fine with patched kext for 10.8.2 from bigDonkey and battery from rehabman

update: opps after rebooting and running permissions..everything is fine

Had some great kexts fun and now everything is working except for touchpad which is not recognized by system, works only as mouse, are there any new PS2 kexts, or what am i doing wrong ?

EDIT: Removed kexts from /Extra and everything is fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back