Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
the DSDT file MUST be called DSDT.aml and put on the desktop if u perform a DSDT installation.

After tweaking several times with the installation, I decided to redo it from scratch and this time the upgrade 10.6.8 installed correctly and I was able to run multibeast prior to rebooting. I kept my cursor and the active screen on the multibeast when 10.6.8 finished and I was able to postpone the restart. The problem is that Multibeast installation failed. (see below image) but I heard that people have said that this is a false message. Now when I boot without iBoot disc, the apple bar goes about 1/4 of the way, then I get a white screen and my mouse is locked up. Anyone encounter this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_3657.JPG
    IMG_3657.JPG
    515.5 KB · Views: 258
I have verified a few things, during the install:

1. The 10.6.8 upgrade will force a reboot (where you can't touch the mouse) if your active window it NOT on multibeast, so make sure you have multibeast not only open, but as the active window. (this is not mentioned in the guide)

2. When running multibeast after the 10.6.8 upgrade, repairing permissions always failed for me. All the rest was ok, so user DSDT, plus rebuilding cache.

When you go into Disc Utility and try to verify or repair disk permissions you will get an error:
"Repair/Verify permissions failed: Framework unable to communicate with DiskManagementTool"

Not sure if that helps or not. Now I'm going to retry to reboot and keep my fingers crossed.

EDIT:
Failed again, same error as before, boot bar below the apple goes about 1/4 of the way, then disappears and I get a white screen, but this time the mouse moves.

So my customac is working flawlessly except when ever I use ut*****t to download files it kernel panics every time. Has any body else experienced an issue when downloading t*****ts? Also my computer used to sleep and wake up reliably. Now it never wakes up. Has any one experienced this? Should I run easy beast again? Thank you to the community for all the fantastic help you provide. This build never would have been possible without your help!

I am using a bluetooth microsoft arc keyboard with usb bluetooth adapters and a microsoft mouse with another usb bluetooth adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nlichtenberg said:
So my customac is working flawlessly except when ever I use ut*****t to download files it kernel panics every time. Has any body else experienced an issue when downloading t*****ts? Also my computer used to sleep and wake up reliably. Now it never wakes up. Has any one experienced this? Should I run easy beast again? Thank you to the community for all the fantastic help you provide. This build never would have been possible without your help!

I am using a bluetooth microsoft arc keyboard with usb bluetooth adapters and a microsoft mouse with another usb bluetooth adapter.

I have the same crashing problem with peer to peer downloads. I've never been able to solve it. It's my last remaining problem.

Hi guys!

First of all - Thank you for the great guide!!!

I only have two questions:
A.: Is there anyone who has hypertreating running? My activity monitor only shows me 4 active CPUs.

B.: My Asus Radeon 6870 is only recognised as ATI Radeon HD NI40. Is this a problem or do I have the full speed, although the name is wrong?

I already installt the 64-bit Apple Boot Screen.

Thank you for the quick answers!
All the Best,
Markus

Hey guys!

And thanks for this lovely guide!...
My only remaining problem I have, is when I am running Transmission t*****t program when the Kernel Panic occurs.

But other than that, I am really happy!

Do anyone of you run this setup with more than one screen?

Re: 10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 - no sound yet

TeaPea said:
Does it appear like no one has successfully got 'Sandy Bridge CustoMac Build #4' working fully then? If that’s the case it makes me feel a little better :crazy:

I've got it now running but can't get the network card to work just yet. Looking at the forums for clues now.

First off a big thanks to those of you who post your successful installations here there is no way in hell I could of completed this build without you guys! My system is running great :D but i'm getting low benchmarks like 170 in xbench and around 5600 in geekbench o_O . I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but i'm having a hard time searching the forum. I just changed the profile from Mac Pro 5,1? to iMac 12,2. I already tried Mac Pro 3,1 and the system wouldn't boot without iBoot. Any help would be really appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back