Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I got the iboot working on the custom sandy bridge build#4 working but then figured out that the problem was the version of the bios. Not knowing how to flash the bios from a Mac, I installed windows 7 on the machine to access @bios, but F6 or F7 were not available. The only one available was F8 for which we do not have a DTST yet.

As for the F6, how do you update the bios using non-windows based OS? As TeaPea posted earlier F6 is an executable only available on windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what? the F7 version is still available here it is

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Bi ... -b3_f7.exe

anyway i used @bios too cause on my PC i Must have win osx and ubuntu XD

I suggest u to save it somewhere

EDIT:
Anyway that .exe is a zip extractor that extract 3 files one is the bios one is the "loader" and the other i don't know. for flashing bios u must put all of them on the flash drive formatted on FAT32. anyway u can install them with @bios too

Thanks for the response. Yes, I noticed that F7 is also available on the gigabyte site but I didn't hear anyone say that they got F7 working 100%, so I wanted to try using F6. It was just not very clear how to use the executable with a mac install. That was my initial question. Were you able to get F7 working?

Ok, another issue. I'm using Windows 64 bit and none of the attachments are compatible with 64 bits. All of them are only for 32 bits so none of the executables work. Now I think I'm pretty stuck, with no way out, other than maybe buying win7 32 bit also.

no, u don't have to run that files on windows u just have to extract files and then u must put them on a flash pen drive. or if u want u can install one of those files with @bios ok?

anyway yes I'm actually using F7 bios and it is very very stable no a KP or a crash yet :) only sleep doesnt work very well

EDIT:

just to delete any doubt after putting those files on the flash drive u restart the PC and then when rebooting u press [end] and u enter in the flash bios panel or in alternative u can enter basic bios settings [del] and then press F8

Thanks for the response! This forum is great. So I'm not clear on something. Where can you get the files? I can only see an executable from the gigabyte site.

Nevermind, expanded the exe file on a thumb drive (like you mentioned) and then used Q-Flash from the bios to upload and install it. Gonna retry my install now. Wish me luck! ;)

Be careful u r really on F7 because I had some problems with flash drive, infact in the end i used @bios. u can control it when the pc just turn on.

According to my Bios M.I.T, I'm on F7. Now I'm still having the old problem that I had before where I'm forced to reboot, and I can't move the mouse or anything. I thought I resolved the issue by running Multi-Beast at the same time as the 10.6.8 install but that didn't work either. Anyone know why that happens?

OK, so I got the install of 10.6.8 working I think. I ran the UpdateHelper, then the package 10.6.8 and it forced a reboot but then after the reboot, it says 10.6.8.

I've run Multibeast using the DSDT for F7, but when I boot without the iBoot cd, I get a KP. Do I have to rename the DSDT file? Right now it's called DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD5-B3-F7.aml.
I've already added the rest of the 12gb RAM. Could this be the cause of the problem? I doesn't seem to register it once I'm within the OS via iBoot so it doesn't seem to be.

I've attached the image of the KP. I tried the EasyBeast in MultiBeast and it KP'd also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3655.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.