Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
CtheProducer said:
Seems people are saying they have everything 100% working... What did you guys do to get the USB 3.0 working? Read through everything again and must be skipping it or something.....

USB3 is the only thing not working for me. Profiler detects them properly as Super Speed ports, but my USB3 drive won't mount at all. The USB3 ports work fine with USB2 stuff.

Just overclocked my i7 2600k to 4ghz. I now get 14.4k in Geekbench, which is 2k more than at 3.4ghz.

Profiler still shows the processor running at 3.4ghz, even though I'm obviously using the extra speed. Any ideas on how to get it to show the correct processor speed?

HoosierInFL said:
Just overclocked my i7 2600k to 4ghz. I now get 14.4k in Geekbench, which is 2k more than at 3.4ghz.

Profiler still shows the processor running at 3.4ghz, even though I'm obviously using the extra speed. Any ideas on how to get it to show the correct processor speed?

I noticed this as well. In another thread someone stated this only a cosmetic issue. Meaning, Mac OS only displays the core clock speed and it won't display the modified/updated clock speed. You can google around and find where you can manually change this value. I never found much use in changing the displayed value. You can also boot into windows and it will display the true clock speed.

OnBoard RAID

Has anyone gotten the on-board RAID working on a Hackintosh? I really need RAID 5 for video editing.

HoosierInFL said:

Hoosier, how easy was it for you to overrrclock? I was noticing issues just setting the timing for my RAM.

Joe

joemamasmac said:
HoosierInFL said:

Hoosier, how easy was it for you to overrrclock? I was noticing issues just setting the timing for my RAM.

Joe

Only thing I did was change the multiplier to 40. I didn't mess with the ram.

HoosierInFL said:
joemamasmac said:
HoosierInFL said:

Joe

Only thing I did was change the multiplier to 40. I didn't mess with the ram.

You didn't have to change the voltage at all to overclock it to 4GHZ?

Joe

I followed this guide and every thing is wokring great but I cant get sound to work. I hear sound but it is all baffled sounding. When I follow the instructions on this guide and install the 3 divers to get sound to work, and restart i get a kernel panic. Does any one else have this experience. It really sucks as this is the last step for me.

Nlichtenberg said:
I followed this guide and every thing is wokring great but I cant get sound to work. I hear sound but it is all baffled sounding. When I follow the instructions on this guide and install the 3 divers to get sound to work, and restart i get a kernel panic. Does any one else have this experience. It really sucks as this is the last step for me.

I used the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback options.

I ran the DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD5-B3-F7.aml to see if that would help me to get sound and now i dont even have baffled sound. Is there a way to get get back to where i was before i installed this DSDT. Any suggestions would be great. I dont know what to try besides erasing the OS starting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back