Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rankel said:
sfroom said:
Shiggitay2 said:
Heh. I'll report back if the Samsung drive I'm getting works or not. Worry not.

I'm fairly certain that Samsung optical drives are known to prevent your hackintosh from sleeping properly. It will function fine, and if you don't plan to put the computer to sleep, it will be a fine choice.

He seems pretty set on the hardware he has already chosen. If the Samsung gives him any grief its only a ~$20 mistake.

Indeed.

Successful

Brand=ASUS
Model=EAH5770 CUCore/2DI/1GD5
Device ID=
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=parkerdenison

Okay so I know all you guys are anxiously awaiting my dual-fanned XFX 6870 benchmarks and whatnot, but I just realized that money is tight this month, and I really shouldn't be unnecessarily spending. It pains me, but I can't spend the ~$300 I initially wanted to. The earliest I can get my parts is gonna be like late April.

I'll keep you posted, no pun intended. :p

No problem shiggaty, I'll be the guinea pig :D

I received the Powerecolor PCS+ 6870 yesterday, and it works fine, but I'm far from happy with the noise level of the fan, especially at idle, it was louder than my reference 5770. I returned it and have the xfx 6870 twin fan on the way, should be here Monday or Tuesday.

mjgunn said:
No problem shiggaty, I'll be the guinea pig :D

I received the Powerecolor PCS+ 6870 yesterday, and it works fine, but I'm far from happy with the noise level of the fan, especially at idle, it was louder than my reference 5770. I returned it and have the xfx 6870 twin fan on the way, should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Sweet. Where from? NewEgg? They have it for like $225 or so.

Yup, ordered it from Newegg. I ordered the standard clocked version, not the slightly overclocked (900mhz compared to 940) one.

mjgunn said:
Yup, ordered it from Newegg. I ordered the standard clocked version, not the slightly overclocked (900mhz compared to 940) one.

They have a standard clocked one? Link it here.

mjgunn said:

Ahh okay, I was wondering why I saw two of the same card lol. I've got the OC'd 940 MHz one in my cart ready to be paid for when I can lol. I'll pop that one in and report back on that particular card's performance. Shouldn't be too much different... only 40 MHz faster... but still. :p

Shiggitay2 said:
mjgunn said:

Ahh okay, I was wondering why I saw two of the same card lol. I've got the OC'd 940 MHz one in my cart ready to be paid for when I can lol. I'll pop that one in and report back on that particular card's performance. Shouldn't be too much different... only 40 MHz faster... but still. :p

I am excited to see your results in cinebench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back