Contribute
Register

10.11.5 is available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated perfect here from the App Store and a quick rebuild of the systems caches on reboot.

Trim and audio fully intact after update too :)

Theres no reason too Rebuilt cache in 10.11 tbh i never do and everything seems to be hunky dory also got SIP fully enabled no problems here :D

successfully updated.....:wave:

Just fell into the trap of installing the new update, only to realise that of course the new NVIDIA drivers are not available yet, screen redraws everywhere! Trim and audio is still working.

@MStratford - Yep, same here - must learn how to restrain myself before doing Apple system upgrades. Oh well, it usually only takes a day or two before the Nvidia drivers are updated.

Until nvidia drivers come out, boot 10.11.5 with nv_disable=1. Copy NVDAStartupWeb.kext to your desktop. Edit Info.plist and change NVDARequiredOS string to 15F.
Code:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15F</string>

Reinstall kext from the desktop with kext beast or whatever.

Last edited:
Until nvidia drivers come out, boot 10.11.5 with nv_disable=1. Copy NVDAStartupWeb.kext to your desktop. Edit Info.plist and change NVDARequiredOS string to 15F.
Code:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15F</string>

Reinstall kext from the desktop with kext beast or whatever.

Beautiful, works nicely!

Theres no reason too Rebuilt cache in 10.11 tbh i never do and everything seems to be hunky dory also got SIP fully enabled no problems here :D

I just do this every so often, it seems to give the boot time a bit of a speed up :)

I just do this every so often, it seems to give the boot time a bit of a speed up :)

Haha yeah :) I'm still having problems with speed over the network tho can't get anymore than a Meg up or down when copying files to or from the NAS. Actually this update has made it worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back