Contribute
Register

UX303LNB. First start complete, but no more...

Motherboard
Asus UX303L
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500 + GT 840M
Hi, guys!

Incredibly, using the Open Core guide, I somehow managed to install and run the OS. Now almost nothing works and I don’t understand anything, unfortunately. Here are some of my problems:

1. The screen breaks at the moment of the apple logo, although the system then boots, but after I open and close the lid everything works fine.
2. There seems to be a bluetooth, but it does not connect anything (although the devices are visible). The headphones are connected but there is no sound (in general there is no sound at all yet)
3. The network is not working.
Loading Apple Secure Boot with x86legacy (level 1) + AirportItlwm.kext (WiFi manual) - Invalid Parameter.
But I connected my Android via USB.

Perhaps someone will look at my log and tell me what I can do? I tried to figure out the screen error for a week, followed all the steps, calculated the buffer parameters, but nothing worked. And I realized that I couldn’t do it without help.

I don't even know what files are needed and how to get them. I installed the debug kernel. But what is on the screen and what is in the log is very different. Take a look, maybe someone will find this case interesting.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-16-180540.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • EFI.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 8
  • Aida64 report.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi, guys!

Incredibly, using the Open Core guide, I somehow managed to install and run the OS. Now almost nothing works and I don’t understand anything, unfortunately. Here are some of my problems:

1. The screen breaks at the moment of the apple logo, although the system then boots, but after I open and close the lid everything works fine.
2. There seems to be a bluetooth, but it does not connect anything (although the devices are visible). The headphones are connected but there is no sound (in general there is no sound at all yet)
3. The network is not working.
Loading Apple Secure Boot with x86legacy (level 1) + AirportItlwm.kext (WiFi manual) - Invalid Parameter.
But I connected my Android via USB.

Perhaps someone will look at my log and tell me what I can do? I tried to figure out the screen error for a week, followed all the steps, calculated the buffer parameters, but nothing worked. And I realized that I couldn’t do it without help.

I don't even know what files are needed and how to get them. I installed the debug kernel. But what is on the screen and what is in the log is very different. Take a look, maybe someone will find this case interesting.
DSDT should not be used with opencore

you need to remove all the # from:

Code:
    <key>###PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>###layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
for them to work

need to do this correctly:

exactly why are you using # for sections like this:

Code:
<key>Quirks</key>
        <dict>
            <key>###DisableIoMapper</key>
            <true/>
            <key>###LapicKernelPanic</key>
            <true/>
            <key>###SetApfsTrimTimeout</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
?
if you want to disable them, then change true to false

don't add random stuff like:
Code:
<key>#TODO</key>
etc as you end up breaking sections of your config.plist

MacBookPro14,1 is for a kabylake system

Thank you very much for analyzing my configuration. Indeed, I forgot to delete all my comments and tags with previously used values. I also should have removed the ASPI that was disabled in the configuration. Now I have deleted it all. The behavior of the system has not changed.

I managed to turn on Wifi but through itlwm. As before, this cannot be launched via AirportItlwm.

About the MacBookPro14.1, tell me, could this be important? I will definitely regenerate other options and write what happened. Thanks for the advice.

Current config

Attachments

• config.plist
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
My biggest question looks like this:
IMG_20231217_121905.jpg
IMG_20231217_121956.jpg

IMG_20231217_122016.jpg

IMG_20231217_122025.jpg

after I close and open the lid everything becomes normal

IMG_20231217_122050.jpg

all those "Missing Keys" needs to be addressed

use the files from the guide and then make your amendments

you have a broadwell cpu, so you should be using broadwell smbios
Thanks for the help.
I fix "Missing keys" and smbios, but, unfortunately, no changes.
There are a lot of errors in the log with IGPU, but I have no idea what can be done.
  1. I tried repeatedly to check the config with the manual - everything seems to be as advised.
  2. Tried many variants from hackintool configurations (pathces) - it has no effect.
  3. I tried the configs for the card from here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist because I see that RehabMan is a cool dude - but without understanding it hardly makes sense.
I need at least a rough direction for continue )))).

Also. I set incorrect id (16260006 or 16160002 instead 02001616). And... load without any problem, all work, but very-very slow. No GPU (((.

Attachments

• boot.txt
    128 KB · Views: 3
  • system.txt
    373.9 KB · Views: 1
  • info.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
  • config.plist
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks for the help.
I fix "Missing keys" and smbios, but, unfortunately, no changes.
There are a lot of errors in the log with IGPU, but I have no idea what can be done.
  1. I tried repeatedly to check the config with the manual - everything seems to be as advised.
  2. Tried the hackingtool configuration - it has no effect.
  3. I tried the configs for the card from here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist because I see that he is a cool dude - but without understanding it hardly makes sense.
I need at least a rough direction for continue )))).
why not use the files from the guide and then make your amendments?

why not use the files from the guide and then make your amendments?

Well, how can I say... I started exactly with this (almost).
But my entry point https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/broadwell.html

Back