Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So if upgrading from rx580 to rx6900xt i won’t need to patch and just add agdpmod=pikera

Is that really all I need to do? Haven’t bought the card yet and just fishing for the best performance i can get from this build. Any particular model recommended of the 6900?

So if upgrading from rx580 to rx6900xt i won’t need to patch and just add agdpmod=pikera
Correct

Is that really all I need to do? Haven’t bought the card yet and just fishing for the best performance i can get from this build. Any particular model recommended of the 6900?
I think XFX is probably the only one left. I recently purchased an XFX 6800 and 6650XT. Both work well.

Correct

I think XFX is probably the only one left. I recently purchased an XFX 6800 and 6650XT. Both work well.
Thanks, I found a refurbished MSI, Asus TUF or Gigabyte all straight 6900 XT or a refurbished Radeon XFX merc 319 version. All for about the same money

@CaseySJ

I've seen many people discuss in this thread that the Z390 Designare Capsule BIOS cannot be Downgraded. In Fact It Can Be Reverted. I wanted to share a short Guide that I posted on another site awhile back to show you how.
@proaudiosoft
Thanks for this guide. I just reverted a refurb Z390 Designare from the newer F9 back to F9i.
It worked on the first try with method 1. The only thing that didn't revert was Thunderbolt. I'll poke around and see if I can flash the Thunderbolt back to whatever its status was when the board was manufactured. (I'm trying to make a close duplicate to my main Z390 which supports "power swap" for my Thunderbolt-connected Apollo 8 recording interface. If you have any ideas, I'm all eyes.

Hello there! After a long time using company-supplied notebooks, I'm finally back home at my Hackintosh, and it's fallen a bit outdated:

My system is currently running Ventura 13.2.1 and OpenCore 0.8.9
Is it ok to update OC through HackinDROM (kinda automagically) and simply update to Sonoma?

Is it ok to update OC through HackinDROM (kinda automagically) and simply update to Sonoma?
Yes, but please have a look at this post first:

Back