Register

Sonoma - audio low power mode problem

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hi all. On macOS Sonoma, the sound problem we last had many years ago came back to me. When no sound plays for a while, about 20 sec, the sound card goes into low power state mode and then if any sound is supposed to play, part of that sound doesn't play or doesn't play at all. This is most noticeable with notification sounds. It takes too long to wake up the audio from the low power state. Previously we solved this by e.g. using the Antipop script, which did not allow the sound card to go into low power state mode, but I could not find anything similar and functional for Sonoma. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Opencore 0.9.6
AppleALC (last version)
ALC1220

Hi all. On macOS Sonoma, the sound problem we last had many years ago came back to me. When no sound plays for a while, about 20 sec, the sound card goes into low power state mode and then if any sound is supposed to play, part of that sound doesn't play or doesn't play at all. This is most noticeable with notification sounds. It takes too long to wake up the audio from the low power state. Previously we solved this by e.g. using the Antipop script, which did not allow the sound card to go into low power state mode, but I could not find anything similar and functional for Sonoma. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Opencore 0.9.6
AppleALC (last version)
ALC1220
no files attached...

Back