Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Been having some problems reinstalling a fresh hackintosh on 2 of our previous hackintoshes.

Computer 1: After installing the retail disc 10.6.3 and booting from it using iboot. I cannot update the system either a combo update of 10.6.4, or 10.6.6 etc... I get the "Installation failed!" alert window. (Installer updates are copied into the desktop)

Computer 2: Same problem. Using a retail disc 10.6.0... same error. Installation Failed! alert window during a combo update. (Installer updates are copied into the desktop)

Makes me think apple has done something and detects the unit as a hack during the registration process... so I repeated the installation once more but this time with the network unplugged.

Same problem still!

I have already made quite a number of successful hacks before on the both computers. But this one has me stumped!

Does anyone know why I can't update after my initial installation of Snow Leopard?

Komander2011 said:
Hi!

i got a Problem,

I got a Toshiba Satellite A 100-153 Notebook (thats maybe the problem? :cry: )
Config:

T5600 Intel Core2Duo 1,83 GHz
2GB Ram
160 HDD Sata
(see Pics for MB)
I can Install Lion, Snow Leopard and Tiger, but when i Reboot my System after Installing,
it doesn´t boot up to the system. when i reboot, there comes the Apple Logo and a Loadingwheel ( U know what i mean) and then it breaks up...when i boot up with -v, it tells me there is an AHCI Problem ( No DSDT.aml Found and so on)

And i can´t switch AHCI/SATA in the Bios (maybe the problem?)
if i start with -v , -x or something, the problem is still there (sorry for my english i´am German)

Can anyone tell me, if my system is in/compatible??
here some pics from CpuZ

Thx a Lot for Help!!

Any Ideas ??

orangekeys said:
Been having some problems reinstalling a fresh hackintosh on 2 of our previous hackintoshes.

Computer 1: After installing the retail disc 10.6.3 and booting from it using iboot. I cannot update the system either a combo update of 10.6.4, or 10.6.6 etc... I get the "Installation failed!" alert window. (Installer updates are copied into the desktop)

Computer 2: Same problem. Using a retail disc 10.6.0... same error. Installation Failed! alert window during a combo update. (Installer updates are copied into the desktop)

Makes me think apple has done something and detects the unit as a hack during the registration process... so I repeated the installation once more but this time with the network unplugged.

Same problem still!

I have already made quite a number of successful hacks before on the both computers. But this one has me stumped!

Anyone? :banghead:

mzkprdcr said:
I finally got my system up & running really smooth. There are 2 issues u probably want to be aware of concerning your top of the line build however:

the current bios shipped from newegg on the GA-Z68XP-UD3 is F8, and does not seem to be compatible with the SDD... nothing worked getting it to boot without iboot, and added memory was not recognized. I was told to downgrade the bios, but I was hesitant. When I installed the OSx onto the 1TB drive, I used update helper and restarted before updating, then used easybeast, & everything works like a charm.

Another issue: the LED (-) pin fit very loose from the front panel of the case (don't know if it's gonna fall off soon), although the LED( +) fit perfect.

any suggestions regarding the LED pin issue would be greatly appreciated as well

CPU:
intel Core i7-2600K

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Graphics Card:
AMD Radeon HD 6870

mSATA SSD:
60GB OCZ Nocti Series SATA 3Gb/s

Case
Corsair Carbide Series 400R

RAM:
8 GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3

Power Supply:
Corsair 650watt

H ya,
I'm currently building my first and hopefully last Hackintosh.

My machine build is very similar to yours in that I'm using the same motherboard, gigbayte GA-Z68XP-UD3 with a AMD Radeon 6850 instead of the AMD 6870.

I've managed to get Snow Leopard "working" v10.6.8 first time with internet access enabled. Graphics are working as intended i.e. Core Image and Quartz Extreme are both working. Additionally I've success managed to install and run the game "StarCraft II".

The issue that I'm encountering is sound or the lack of, to be precise.

I've used Multibeast 3.10.1 and 3.7.3 to enable/disable the check-box for AC88* audio etc but I'm still unable to hear audio.

The audio that is heard is garbled/corrupted.

Any ideas/suggestions to remedy this fault would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

orangekeys said:
orangekeys said:

Same problem still!

Can anyone give an answer to my question?

Good day

below is my setup

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3L

Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3
8GB in 2 GB modules

Intel Core i7-870 2.93 GHz

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1GB DDR3

Was working fine, but lately i got the boot0 error so thought instead of tinkering to re install

I have 2 identical 500GB HDDs which i use one at a time, had my install on 1 and kept it that way, using the other one to install fresh

Removed all external USB devices and 4GB or ram so as to have 4GB on the mobo at the time of install

Went through installation without a glitch, restarted and used iBoot to boot and got it fine.

Run Multibeast with usedDSDT after renaming the DSDT to DSDT.aml and placed it on the desktop

After installing the Realtek driver i restarted and thats where the fun part began

Please bear in mind this system has been working flawlesly for 1 year under light and heavy loads.

As soon as I chose from the bootloader my disk containing the fresh install it simply restarts after bringing up the grey apple screen for less than 1 second

When using iBoot to load it goes through the grey screen and once the blue screen is up it freezes

tried with -v, and -x and without caches, and the system stucks everytime.

Anyone faced anything similar? any ideas?

orangekeys said:
orangekeys said:

Same problem still!

Having the same issues, any ideas please?

orangekeys said:
orangekeys said:
orangekeys said:

Same problem still!

Can anyone give an answer to my question?

Dude i downloaded the latest Multibeast for 10.6 and 10.6.8 combo update and got it to work fine, suggest you try the same, as we have had the same issue

Error message when trying to install snow leopard

I have a Intel i5 2500k 1155 sandy bridge and Gigabyte z77 d3h lga1115 motherboard
Changed the sata to AHCI but when booting with the leopard cd (after using iboot)
I get this message (see the attached picture)

Can somebody help me ?

Attachments

• 20120719_135410.jpg
    20120719_135410.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 376
Back