Contribute
Register

How to Download macOS Ventura with gibMacOS

I havent been able to check, but can you now get Sonoma through this mechanism?

I havent been able to check, but can you now get Sonoma through this mechanism?
Yes you can, the public beta is in a different directory.

RCs are only available to registered, paid developers, right? Thanks.
I don’t think so, I’m neither of those. Gib shows the ‘a’ which is a pretty stable version imo.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 12.25.18 PM.png

I don’t think so, I’m neither of those. Gib shows the ‘a’ which is a pretty stable version imo.

View attachment 571923

That's the public beta. I was looking for Release Candidate versions (RCs) but could not find them. I am not a paid-membership developer so I think that's the reason why.

@esafeddie You're a registered developer, right? Is that how you got the RC2?

That's the public beta. I was looking for Release Candidate versions (RCs) but could not find them. I am not a paid-membership developer so I think that's the reason why.

I just added the boot arg revpatch=sbvmm and it showed up in system settings.

I just added the boot arg revpatch=sbvmm and it showed up in system settings.
I do have that boot-arg and it shows up on mine, too, but was not sure if it's the latest RC2 or the public beta. Let me try updating to that version.

Thanks.

Update: It is RC2.

Last edited:
If you have RC1 you should get the notification for RC2. As stated by @craighazan the boot arg revpatch=sbvmm along with SIP fully Enabled and SecureBootModel set back to Default if you disabled it to deploy OCLP you will get the update to show up albeit the full 12gb or so.

To get just the incremental 485mb update or there about, you should add the RestrictEvent.kext to your kext folder and config.plist you can then disable this kext after until the next update.

If you're using OCLP to get your WIFI functioning, you'll need to reverse the changes you made to get the update and then run OCLP again for WIFI to work again. It is a bit cumbersome but until an easier way is offered, this is what we have to work with at the moment.

I do use OCLP (for my BCM4360 WiFi/BT) and had revpatch=sbvmm, SIP=<03080000>, SecureBootModel=Disabled when I tried the RC2 update (the full 12gb). It updated succesfully, and upon reboot, WiFi was gone, as expected. Then I added amfi=0x80 to boot-args and re-patched OCLP. Rebooted and cleared NVRAM. WiFi was back so I removed amfi=0x800, added back -amfipassbeta, and re-enabled AMFIPass.kext (for Dropbox). Everything is back and running perfectly on RC2.

Like you said, it's rather cumbersome but that's the fun of it, right? (owning a Hackintosh) lol

I do have RestrictEvents.kext and will try your suggestion for 14.1 (and later updates).

Thank you @esafeddie and @craighazan for all the tips and suggestions.

You could wait until Friday for the official full Sonoma release but from what I have experienced running RC2, there won't be a lot of changes as it runs very stable on my system plus all Apple Services functions very well with no snags at all. My pic shows RC2 Build number which is not available in Apple's Catalog only as an update to RC1.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 20.25.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 20.25.09.png
    50 KB · Views: 45
Back