Contribute
Register

PLEASE make a recommendation for Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys,

Looking at my components could you please make a recommendation on the best motherboard to run a 10.7 kernel. There is so much information and debate about different boards but I wonder if a few of you can share your opinion on the most adaptable or compatible board to make a fast OSX machine.

I have an MSI board but i'm willing to go make a purchase if someone can point me in a better direction. Thanks so much for all the info here as well... this place is a treasure trove!

tenebre said:
Guys,

Looking at my components could you please make a recommendation on the best motherboard to run a 10.7 kernel. There is so much information and debate about different boards but I wonder if a few of you can share your opinion on the most adaptable or compatible board to make a fast OSX machine.

I have an MSI board but i'm willing to go make a purchase if someone can point me in a better direction. Thanks so much for all the info here as well... this place is a treasure trove!

P8P67 Pro. Multiplier overclocking and now native BlueTooth. Hopefully with the new iMac kexts we'll have native sleep soon too. Testing that as we speak on Dev disk :)

Yoga said:
tenebre said:
Guys,

P8P67 Pro. Multiplier overclocking and now native BlueTooth. Hopefully with the new iMac kexts we'll have native sleep soon too. Testing that as we speak on Dev disk :)

+1 ASUS P67, I have P8P67-M-Pro and it was really painless, 100% stable, and mega quick, running it on i7 2600k at 3.4ghz everything works except for sleep and speedstep but I guess it won't be long as people are actively working on these boards.

tenebre said:
Guys,

gigayte is best for osx ,iam running GA-H67M-D2-B3 :thumbup:

check this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHJsvz0V50 hope you like :D

hacman said:
tenebre said:
Guys,

That used to be the case with older chipsets, not anymore :¬)

To add, if you'll be overclocking, the Asus UEFI is extremely good/stable. The GB BIOS is reported to be buggy, and their UEFI implementation looks terrible.

I'm talking from experience by the way; used MSI, Gigabyte and Asus Sandy Bridge boards, whereas hacman is just (quite rightly) chuffed to have a working hackintosh :¬)

Yoga said:
hacman said:
tenebre said:
Guys,

That used to be the case with older chipsets, not anymore :¬)

To add, if you'll be overclocking, the Asus UEFI is extremely good/stable. The GB BIOS is reported to be buggy, and their UEFI implementation looks terrible.

I'm talking from experience by the way; used MSI, Gigabyte and Asus Sandy Bridge boards, whereas hacman is just (quite rightly) chuffed to have a working hackintosh :¬)

pls note:gigayte is best for osx ,iam running GA-H67M-D2-B3

in my concern ,GIGABYTE IS BEST ;)

Still no clear winner here.

As far I know...

Asus has unlocked multiplier, but still no speedstep or Turbo Boost, While GB is in the reverse situation.
Better ACPI tables with GB boards? Newer w. ASUS?
Better UEFI w. Asus Boards.
and.. what about native PowerManagement ?

Does anybody know if P8P67 LE B3 works as well?

Hi,

My P8H67-V worked quite well, too. But, please don't get it, it was kind of complicated to get everything working ;)

I wouldn't recommend the new Gigabyte socket 1155 boards anymore, since the new ASUS boards seem to be working much better. The best example: with gigabyte boards you are still limited to a maximum multiplier of 32. ASUS boards can run OS X with almost any multiplier.
From what I have read/heard the ASUS P8P67-M seems to be one of the best boards for OS X, if you want the iGPU, get the P8H67-M. If my information is correct, these two boards currently are the ones that are easiest to set up and work best.

Best regards,
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back