Contribute
Register

PLEASE make a recommendation for Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a nice card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814102902

I found it in Norway to. I couldn't see that card on the list, but atleast I found regular Radeon 5670 on the list. It is single slot to, so not taking to much space ;) I used to have Nvidia 8800GT in my Mac Pro and I was very pleased with that, so a 5670 will be about the same performance :)

dxlr8r said:
I found a nice card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814102902

I found it in Norway to. I couldn't see that card on the list, but atleast I found regular Radeon 5670 on the list. It is single slot to, so not taking to much space ;) I used to have Nvidia 8800GT in my Mac Pro and I was very pleased with that, so a 5670 will be about the same performance :)

same preformance = :?: but less power and has DX11 support. :thumbup:

One final question before ordering. Will this card work without to much hassle? I could go for another model, but it looked nice. Not to expensive, and ok performance :)

Read Tony's blog starting with the January posts. That should give you some information and confidence in your choice.

Me, I'm awaiting two things. First, Sandy Bridge motherboards DSDT's in the DSDT database. Second, maturing Sandy Bridge motherboards BIOS's. Until that time, it's a Science Project...at least for me.

Tony's and MacMan's blogs and other neat resources are under the Resources pull down menu at the top, right portion of this web page. Also, see my signature block for guides and other info.

When I coached, one of my favorite sayings was, "Don't hurry to fail." In this case, spend some time learn by reading successful forum members' guides in the User Build and Sandy Bridge forum sections.

BTW, the favorite graphics card among the moderators is Gigabyte's 5770 "Batmobile". Check out MacMan's guides.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125309

The Batmobile was just awesome :p But it's not singel slot, and has a fan. Other than that it's was just awesome :clap: :lol:

I don't see anything about the 6950/6970 cards, and a few threads where people have tried (and failed) to use them. Do we know if support has been extended for these cards in 10.6.7?

Full 69xx support has yet to be supported by Apple in a desktop Snow Leopard release. Expect the next Snow Leopard release to have it or the one after. The GPU is too new.

Now, if you want a 68xx to work...no sweat. Current iBoot and MultiBeast support it.

For sleep/wake-up to work, your SB motherboard requires a DSDT mod. These are ongoing, so look for a DSDT for your motherboard or one that your considering in the Forum's DSDT Database. (See DSDT Database under the Resource pull down menu located at the top right of this page.) IIRC, Tony's working with a SB Gigabyte MB and MacMan is working with a SB Asus MB. So, patience my friends, good things will come soon.

Sandy Bridge DSDT Database Update in Progress

dxlr8r said:
The Batmobile was just awesome :p But it's not singel slot, and has a fan. Other than that it's was just awesome :clap: :lol:
My Gigabyte 9800GT Silent Cell is just so good. I'm gonna keep using it until it's no longer supported. It drives my 23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920x1200, and I'll add one of my older NEC's to it shortly for a special project - two monitors, oh my! Did I mention, it's silent. :thumbup:

But, my recommendation today is the Batmobile. Besides you can tell all your friends that you have a Hackintosh with a Batmobile. :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back