Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
edit: Sorry mods, wrong section. Could someone move this to Buying Advice?

Hi everyone, first post. I recently bought a Zotac GT 430 after seeing positive reception to the card's compatibility with SL. I chose the low profile version which is a little newer (40603 10L instead of 40605 I think?) and was wondering if this is going to cause any issues.

I ask because I've seen people mention that even if cards share the same chipset, they need to be from a certain vendor to work. Is a card variation within the vendor something I have to worry about? I'm hoping all the guides I've seen for the 430 are still relevant with this newer model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500177

Im using the Sparkle Geforce GT 430 1GB DDR3, and the only problem is that i get blue screen if i change the resolution or put computer to sleep, but i don't and it works fine..

Im using the Sparkle Geforce GT 430 1GB DDR3, and the only problem is that i get blue screen if i change the resolution or put computer to sleep, but i don't and it works fine..

Hey thanks for the response. Did it work OOB and if not what did you have to do to get it working? This guy says in 10.6.8 this chipset is supposed to only need the most recent nvidia drivers and graphicsenabler=no.

With all the googling I did the regular version seemed like it had full support. Kinda worried now. Does vendor matter or just chipset?

Hey thanks for the response. Did it work OOB and if not what did you have to do to get it working? This guy says in 10.6.8 this chipset is supposed to only need the most recent nvidia drivers and graphicsenabler=no.

With all the googling I did the regular version seemed like it had full support. Kinda worried now. Does vendor matter or just chipset?

Did not work OOB

used this

-v GraphicsEnabler=yes PciRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

also check this out

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/34938-sparkle-geforce-gt-430-a.html

oh well. atleast it'll play nice with windows 7.

works with PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=no at first boot. Got it fully working with dual monitors using latest nvidia drivers.

Now if only I could get sleep to work... in case anyone has any ideas my mobo is an MSI G41M P34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back