Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, I have finally purchased all of the equipment for my build. As soon as the rest of the parts ship, I'll be posting pics and my process. As far as I know, everything I have is compatible and should work. I'll let you know! :)

This should be everything...

Case - Lan Gear Da Box 100 - Blackheart

CPU - Intel Core i5-650 3.2ghz

Motherboard - ASUS Maximus III Gene

GPU - ASUS DirectCU GTX460 1GB

RAM - G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333

PSU - Antec TruePower New 650w

HDD - Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black

ODD - Sony Optiarc

CPU Cooler - Corsair H50

USB Header to USB - Startech USB Header to USB
Note: To be used to install internal bluetooth dongle and infrared sensor. Will be mounted internally.

BT - ASUS USB-BT21

WiFi - Apple Mini PCI WiFi Card

WiFi Adapter - Mini PCI-E to PCI-E Wireless Adapter

120mm Fans - 4x Scythe Kama Flex 120mm PWM Fan
90mm Fans - 2x Scythe Kama Flex 90mm PWM Fan
60mm Fan - EverCool 60mm PWM Fan
PWM-Y Cable Adapter - Gelid PWM-Y
Note: So I can put both 120mm fans for the H50 on the same 4-pin. This will allow the CPU to ramp up fan speed when it needs it and will turn up both fans at the same time in push/pull.

Here's the pics. Building starts tomorrow.

c03a4358.jpg

af7b564c.jpg

62ca131d.jpg

50b6fbc8.jpg

7b571e78.jpg

38dcd347.jpg

72293816.jpg

7370c07f.jpg

Okay, OS X Snow Leopard is officially running. Combo Update is installing. I'll let you know about any compatability issues as soon as I know. Biggest one I foresee is that I have a GTX460 and I might see some of those fermi freeze issues.

Until the next update... here's some pics.

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9025.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

IMG_9035.jpg

IMG_9036.jpg

IMG_9037.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

tonymacx86 said:
Nice did it come with the red bull? :p :lol:

I'm honored that you have seen this Tony. :)

And why yes! Yes it did! A computer cannot be constructed without one. Haha.

I will be sending nice little donation your way soon enough, I promise. Thank you for all of your hard work. This project wouldn't exist without you and MacMan's help.

EDIT:

This one is for you, Tony.
IMG_9050.jpg

tonymacx86 said:
Nice did it come with the red bull? :p :lol:
Funny you should mention this...we were in the chat room discussing his build and elixirs of the gods, too. :headbang: and our guitars. Just some guys having fun.

inc said:
Want to build another one?

Sure! :)

So far though, sound is not working properly. This build requires a sound kext/driver for ad2000b chipset. Sure, you can just get a sound card (which I may do), but it otherwise works incredibly.

If anyone needs details, just ask.

Love this build (although I would have gone with a different board)! I think the case is really great, and I've never heard of them before. I'm truly impressed that it can all cram into such a tight space. How are temperatures?

Thanks for the posting this. Man, I'm such a nerd for loving to look at this. :lol:

Vendetta said:
Love this build (although I would have gone with a different board)! I think the case is really great, and I've never heard of them before. I'm truly impressed that it can all cram into such a tight space. How are temperatures?

Thanks for the posting this. Man, I'm such a nerd for loving to look at this. :lol:

I'm just as nerdy as you, totally cool. :D

I know you would have done a different board... but I love this one! I'm a huge ASUS fan. I know that I probably should have done something else for complete compatability... but I think this will treat me just fine for what I want to do! :)

It was fun to build in this little case... I love small cases. It's not a well known company, but they make incredible cases. I like it a lot. I don't think it has any plastic parts at all. :)

As far as temps, with fans on low and no load... it sits right about 34c.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, Vendetta... I was hoping you would :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back