Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD7 TH 4790K ALC1150 no sound worked on it for several day Please anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the exact same problem with this board.
In fact, I helped put 2 identical systems together within a week of each other with same hardware and problem persists.

The strangest thing is, upon first install after running multi beast 6.4.0 with ALC1150 and 9 series fix, audio was detected and working fine on both systems. On the second system, I ran through the iMessage Fix thread to get that working but found later that audio was no longer detected. I assumed something I did with the iMessage fix to be the cause and was going to start over and check audio every step to find the culprit.
But now I checked the first system (on which I didn't fix iMessage) and the same has happened. Audio now not detected.
So that rules out any iMessage tweaking as the culprit.
Tried reinstalling ALC1150 and 9 series options in multi beast but no help.
Then tried removing AppleHDA.kext, fixing permissions and rebuilding cache, rebooting, then running multi beast again but still no audio.

Clues:

-Thunderbolt and iGPU disabled on both systems. iGPU was disabled prior to install and audio was still detected for a while. Not able to boot with iGPU enabled.

-Both systems detected audio device and had working audio with multi beast alone and no manual injection so technically, manual injection / hacking should not be necessary (hopefully).

-Verbose boot shows device (4) detected but no layout is listed (not sure if it's supposed to or not) HDMI is listed with layout.

-Console shows signing error for AppleHDAController.kext

-Layout listed as <00 00 00 00> in iOReg explorer.

Looked at this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html and followed a trail so something very confusing about injecting the layout manually but as stated before, it worked without this so need to track down what broke it and stay as vanilla as possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 2.54.44 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 2.54.44 pm.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.01.31 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.01.31 pm.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.07.14 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 3.07.14 pm.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 2.58.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 2.58.12 pm.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 94
That is the problem; 6 fixes, choose 1.

Hello Toleda and firstly, big thanks to you for all your work.

I figured the layout-d needed to be fixed but exactly how is not clear from your links.
I chose this hardware as it should be a more or less OOTB install not needing DSDT/SSDT so setting the layout-id via Chameleon should be the option for us (at a wild guess).

But, as you can see, this is already done.

<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>

So:

1. Why is layout-id being set to <00 00 00 00> instead of <01 00 00 00> ??
2. Why was it working before?

I'm happy to jump down the rabbit hole but I have no idea which rabbit hole to jump down.
If you could give more of a hint, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: In the verbose screenshot you can see the HDMI audio has layout <01 00 00 00> . Is it possible the Chameleon is injecting layout to the wrong device?

No. Are you using Chimera or Chameleon?.

Chimera.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

10.9.4 | Z97X-UD7 TH | 4790 | GT760
iGPU Disabled in BIOS

Procedure/Guide Used

Unibeast -> Install -> Multibeast DSDT-free with ALC1150 + 9 series fix + LAN

Everything else attached.

Attachments

• RubberToe-IOReg.zip
    761.7 KB · Views: 61
  • RubberToe-DPCIManagerStatus.png
    RubberToe-DPCIManagerStatus.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 139
  • RubberToe-Console.log.zip
    397 bytes · Views: 73
  • RubberToe-BootLog.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 61
  • RubberToe-AppleHDA.kext.zip
    853.2 KB · Views: 83
  • RubberToe-org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    1 KB · Views: 65
  • RubberToe-SystemIfo.png
    RubberToe-SystemIfo.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 111
Hi There

I also have the same board, the z97x-ud7-th , and I also get the device id <00 00 00 00> , although I do see that is is listed in the Verification/DPCIManager - so it sees the card. I dont have ncpi=0x2000 in my boot, I dont have the HDAEnabler1 or 2,

Its just a new install with 10.9.4 and latest multibeast - which I assume has the latest chimera that is needed, but I will check on that.

What did you find you had missed and ended up having to do to get your audio working? Please any tips, I am also struggling a bit to follow the guide.

Kind Regards

Basil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back