Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4790K / Radeon Vega 56 - Sonoma

Yes, I used Photoshop on the Haswell system, not in Sonoma but definitely in Monterey. Never had any issues but then I didn’t need or use OCLP.

When you swapped the Nvidia card for the RX580, did you remove the OCLP root patches, remove the AMFI fix/kext and enable SIP?

Thanks for answering, yeah I did revert patches before swapping cards, I didn't renable amfi+SIP, it's now done but it didn't change a thing. The same version of Photoshop was working smoothly on Monterey. I should have tried Ventura before going straight to Sonoma, the latest Logic Pro version requires 13.5 that's why I've upgraded.

Was the Photoshop a clean installation on Sonoma, or the version from Monterey?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe apps, to see if that fixes the issue?

I am using Photoshop and Lightroom on a few of Hacks/systems with no issues, one of the Coffee Lake Hacks uses an RX580 and runs Sonoma.

Okay, I think I've solved the problem without really meaning to. I've got a dual boot with windows so I went to the windows side to test the new GC, I've uninstalled nvidia drivers and installed AMD drivers. And when I got back to Sonoma, I tried again to launch my TV app and it didn't crash for the fist time. Photoshop, on the other hand, didn't work, so I've reinstalled it as you suggested and voilà ! I'm so glad everything works, although I don't really know what solved the problem.

I have added an Intel AX210NGW 6E WiFi/BT M.2 card on a PCIe adapter to the setup to see if this would provide basic WiFi and Bluetooth functionality. It does.

WiFi works with the Airportitlwm.kext from the v2.3.0-Alpha release (Sonoma specific kext).

View attachment 573918 System Information > WiFi report with Intel WiFi card

The Bluetooth module works with the 9-pin header connected to either motherboard USB2 header and these kexts.
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBTPatcher.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext.
Placed in the order shown above in a revised config.plist, using latest Stable version 2.3.0 for the Intel kexts and v2.6.8 for BlueToolFixup.kext.

View attachment 573919 System Information > Bluetooth report with Intel BT module.

Revised EFI containing the Intel WiFi & BT kexts is attached below. Just add your own MacPro7,1 SMBIOS before trying to use it.
Hello, could you tell me, how can this be updated to the latest OpenCore 0.9.6? Thank you!

how can this be updated to the latest OpenCore 0.9.6?
Really no need to. There's nothing in the .6 update that matters for a Haswell system. Leaving it at 0.9.5 is the simplest solution.

Last edited:
Here it is. Not that you would really be able to tell the difference between this and the last OC EFI.

Attachments

• EFI-096-share.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 52
Yes it will work with an RX580, without and changes.

Back