Z87X - random freezes PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Michael

Have you fixed your system?

@Michael

Have you fixed your system?

Me? Nope. :|

I'm running with Prime95 in the background. Which works nicely. As soon as I shut that program down, the system freezes.

Any new ideas?

/Mikael

I also have the same problem ...
Spent a month to find why ... still have random freeze...
What OS are you using Maverick or 10.8.5 ?

Because I think it could come from Maverick ...

I also happens to windows users. Gigabyte Z87 board with 4 DIMMs in use equals freeze sooner or later. People have tried everything (downclocking, XMP options, System Agent Voltage changes...). I built 2 identical systems based on the z87x-ud5h with 32Gb in four gskill dimms at 2400Mhz. Both systems freeze when four dimms are in use, and both systems go 100% stable when two of those DIMMs are removed.

Complaints and google finds are only decreasing because non-hackintosh builders find no particular benefit in using Gigabyte like we do and are smartly switching to ASUS, which are a better product by far.

Hi

I had a similar issue with my brand new hackintosh

I was able to reproduce the issue by opening the Finder and click on "All Files"
There was a .mp4 File.

I noticed it when I opened my dropbox and downloaded it the first time to the mac.
As soon as the file was completely downloaded and stored on my desktop, the System had freezed.

I had to restart the PC by hitting the Reset Button.

After a reboot, I was able to use the system without issues for hours, but as soon as i clicked on "All my Files" and the .mp4 was listed, the system freezed again.

Today I found this thread.
I read it and changed some settings in BIOS

As you can see, I run a GTX 650 TI Boost grafix card
In BIOS, the internal Card was additionally enabled.

The only thing I changed was to disable this internal card and disable all virtualization settings like VT-d and Intel Virtualization
Now it works!

If needed, I can upload a the whole set of Screenshots from my BIOS Settings.
(My board is able to save real screenshots on a USB stick)

Cu

merlin

Try the following: in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, change the GenerateCStates to No.

Have you tried increasing the System Agent voltage +0.125V? This, and the memory voltage to 1.65V (my Kingston's require it), and it's been very stable.

I to am freezing from time to time.
I can perform the same steps and freeze time and not another.
If I run one major App (lightwave) it seems to run fine.
If I run 2 apps (lightwave and VUE) or more freezing is in my very near future.

I have removed and run on just one memory stick with both sticks having now been tested but the results are the same.

Configured as -

Processor 3.69 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB

Serial Number G8815MQF5J4

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z87X UD5H

OS X 10.9.1

Please Help my wife thinks I have waisted the money.

HELP

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 155
I have the Z87X OC board, same issue of randomly freezing, I had to increase RAM to 1.6v, turn off C6/C7 speed stepping, and only use 2 RAM DIMMs, and its now been stable for several days.

I've been running for 3 days now, no freezes.

I found Safari in my Utility Console file with Kernel statements saying he could not ID a file type (???). Tracing it back I linked the file request to a sound file.
I got to the point where I could freeze the system on demand.

I dropped Safari and installed Chrome.

I've been running for 3 days now.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back