Contribute
Register

Z87N-WIFI with 4670K and HD4600 won't boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HIS 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was hoping someone have some suggestions for my friend (snackbardan) and me as we try to get his Z87N-WIFI up and running. He's using the integrated HD4600 graphics on an i5-4670K over HDMI to a 1024x768 TV. We updated the BIOS today to F4 and installed OS X (using 10.8.5 and Unibeast 2.1). We then booted the drive using the USB in safe mode, set up OS X and ran Multibeast 5.5.1 (checked DSDT-free install, network drivers, Chimera 2.2 and the Apple RTC patch for CMOS resets). We then rebooted; however, we couldn't get it to boot again, even in safe mode, and with GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes. It usually gets stuck on the BluetoothController-whatever message, which suggests to me a graphics issue, yet 10.8.5 has native HD4600 support, does it not? It also says "unknown CPU model; power management may be incomplete or unsupported" at some point in that bootup process. Do you have any ideas? Why can't 10.8.5 recognize the i5-4670K?

Sadly I don't have a solution for you - but the exact same problem. Only hardware difference is I'm using an i7, but same MOBO and internal graphics and hangs at the same spot.

I have the GA-Z87N-WIFI and used these settings below.

If you're using HDMI port make sure it is the upper one. Also for first time install I needed to boot -x after installing OS X to get in, after ran Multibeast settings below.

All you need for this board is

User DSDT Free
Audio 892
Intel network
1080p display
Chimera 2,2

It's the same Multibeast settings as tonymacx86 did in his Haswell build.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ell-matx-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-hd-4600-a.html

I have a GA-Z87N-WIFI and i7 4770K with HD4600 only thing is no audio over HDMI just yet but everything runs great, better then my Sabertooth X58.

I have this board with a 4770k but a GTX760
i did:
easy install
chimera
GPY=no (i have GTX760)

reboot should now load normaly

fake smc
HDmonitor

reboot

audio
power managment

reboot

you should be fully working.

only issue i still have unresolved is the reading from HDMonitor saying my PCH DIE 127c which is just crazy talk. i think its just reading wrong. havnt confirmed.

I have the GA-Z87N-WIFI and used these settings below.

If you're using HDMI port make sure it is the upper one. Also for first time install I needed to boot -x after installing OS X to get in, after ran Multibeast settings below.

It turned out that the HDMI port was the culprit! Switched to the upper one and immediately everything worked perfectly. Thanks, eelhead. This info should be posted in a guide thread somewhere as this has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. Any news from toleda on HDMI audio?

I have the exact same set up and the exact same problem. EXACTLY.

I was hoping someone have some suggestions for my friend (snackbardan) and me as we try to get his Z87N-WIFI up and running. He's using the integrated HD4600 graphics on an i5-4670K over HDMI to a 1024x768 TV. We updated the BIOS today to F4 and installed OS X (using 10.8.5 and Unibeast 2.1). We then booted the drive using the USB in safe mode, set up OS X and ran Multibeast 5.5.1 (checked DSDT-free install, network drivers, Chimera 2.2 and the Apple RTC patch for CMOS resets). We then rebooted; however, we couldn't get it to boot again, even in safe mode, and with GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes. It usually gets stuck on the BluetoothController-whatever message, which suggests to me a graphics issue, yet 10.8.5 has native HD4600 support, does it not? It also says "unknown CPU model; power management may be incomplete or unsupported" at some point in that bootup process. Do you have any ideas? Why can't 10.8.5 recognize the i5-4670K?

I have the exact same issue, and I can't seem to figure it out.

This board will be awesome.
I got it running with no issues and its just about native and so nice and easy to set up.
Build guide coming soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back