Graphics
770gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Howdy, hackintosh is working beautifully.

One small, minor issue, and if there's no fix, no big deal.

Strange issue where if I have a high (30+ fps) in 3d rendering I get interference through my speakers. Only in video games does this happen, not in youtube or videos.

System is 4770k MSI Z87-GD65, EVGA 770 gtx, 16gb corsair ram @ 1600, hp 128 ssd
edit: silly me, I'm using an outboard usb sound interface called the eleven rack from avid.

I've noticed that my PSU makes a whole assortment of quiet but audible clicks, buzzes, moans, and whines which vary based on CPU and GPU load. You're probably experiencing something similar: when the GPU is drawing high power, the switching circuits in the PSU introduce a signal at an audible frequency, which is picked up and amplified by the audio circuits.

I've noticed that my PSU makes a whole assortment of quiet but audible clicks, buzzes, moans, and whines which vary based on CPU and GPU load. You're probably experiencing something similar: when the GPU is drawing high power, the switching circuits in the PSU introduce a signal at an audible frequency, which is picked up and amplified by the audio circuits.

Oh for sure, kind of like a ground loop. Its just hard to imagine software causing it. Is something running outside of spec causing it maybe? It doesn't do it in when I run windows games.

I've had experience with this type of interference before, last time a usb cable was acting as a radiator causing my speakers to emit all kinds of sounds. I finally figured that out, and I'll be sure to keep posting if I find out what it is.

I ended up hosing my installation trying to get the app store to let me log in, and when I reinstalled, the noise wasn't in the games. I'm pretty sure I did everything the same, but obviously something I did this time was right.

Not sure what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back