GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys

first hackintosh build went pretty smoothly. Install was a bit rough (later found out my RAM arrived DOA and was giving my MB errors -- :banghead:) .

Any way,

running:

CPU: i7 - 3770k
MB: GA Z77X-UD5H
RAM: Coarsair Vengence 16gb (8 x 2)
Boot Drive:
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-120G-G25
WD 1tb as a scratch disc (not formatted yet)
PSU: Corsair CX750
Corsair H100i for cooling

BIOS Settings (sorry for the shotty camera work):

DSC_0116.jpgDSC_0118.jpgDSC_0119.jpgDSC_0120.JPGDSC_0121.jpgDSC_0122.jpg

My boots kept hanging up at the apple logo with the spinning gear but booted into safe mode (-x) just fine. so I booted with the -v command and it hung up on:

DSC_0132.jpg

I figured it was my H100i Corsair Link that was plugged into a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard (i initially was under the impression that the pump required this connection to function... apparently I'm a fool).

I rebooted into -v after disconnecting the pump and go to this hangup:

DSC_0134.jpg

(I noticed the "unknown CPU model 0x3a" but the boot continued and got hung up at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller..." error)

I read a few posts that recommended deleting the 3 bluetooth .kexts in "/System/Library/Extensions", so I trashed them and rebooted into -v. Now I'm hung up here:

DSC_0139.jpg

What should I try next? Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! Couldn't have gotten this far without Tonymac and help from the forums. Just a few more hurdles before success...

I pretty much have the same build. I remember that I started out using the VGA port and received this error. After I switched to the DVI port everything appeared ok. Are you using VGA port of the MB?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back