Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there.

I'm using:
GA-Z77X-UD5H
GTX 670

Unibeast and installation go as smooth as butter. When I run the DSDT-free option in MultiBeast the computer doesn't boot unless I use GraphicsEnabler=No and I also lose my Ethernet which causes the App Store to not work (I use a WIFI card). Does anyone have any advice as to why this is happening and how to fix it? Is there a way to revert the DSDT-Free option in multibeast without reinstalling ML? What are the advantages to using the DSDT-Free option? Can I get by without it?

THANKS!

edit: using MultiBeast 5.0.2

Wait, is GraphicsEnabler=No desirable or undesirable. Finding conflicting information.

Thanks.
Sorry I Iz Newbz.

I have the exact same gear as you, and have things working pretty well. Try this config:

Install MultiBeast.jpg

Still don't have the audio working though...

Dont forget to change the settings under "sound preferences" to one of the line outs instead of the built in audio (internal speakers).

I have the exact same gear as you, and have things working pretty well. Try this config:

View attachment 27881

Still don't have the audio working though...

Thanks for the reply! I'm surprised that you all aren't getting audio working. That was really easy for me to get working using the Non-DSDT ALC898 driver. The sound comes out of the regular greenish port which is nice since I'm dual booting Win 7 and that's the default port.

Is there a reason you have both ethernet drivers installed. I only installed the Intel one because it's more compatible and I'm worried that having both might cause issues. Are you able to download stuff in the App Store?

Did you *need* to install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector? I did not enable this option but the drives still show up as internal. Which SATA ports are you using on the board?

Did you change the system definition to something else? (iMac 12,2?)

Are you using an SSD? I have a Sumsung 830 and my boot-up time is now ~5 seconds which is awesome.

How is the sleep working? I'm having an issue where when the computer wakes up the mouse and keyboard work intermittently for about a minute or until I am able to type in my password. Also my Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse software/drivers fail to re-initialize after waking which causes poor mouse behavior until I reboot. I tried a different mouse though and the sleep mouse problem is still occurring.

Thanks for the help!

I installed this

Patched AppleHDA --> 898 and nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898*

All audio ports work, including the green one.

Thanks for the clarification. The Patched 898 AppleHDA is set up as follows:
1.Internal Speakers - green port motherboard
2.Line Out (1st) - orange port motherboard
3.Line Out (2nd) - black port motherboard

If I understand correctly, when you:
1. select Internal Speakers, you get sound on the green port
2. select Line Out (1st), you get sound on the orange port
3. select Line Out (2nd), you get sound on the black port

Please verify you have sound on the green port separately (Green ONLY, nothing else plugged in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back