550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Heya all,

I've tried to install several times but it fails after a reboot to the Unibeast USB. Screen goes black after Apple logo disappears. I never make it to the actual OSX install screen. 10.7.4 boot still works just fine for now.

Previous Unibeast installs worked just fine. Here is what I've tried:

*All BIOS settings put on "auto" -- no OC going on.
*Tried -v and also -x == no luck
*Tried 2 different USB drives
*Onboard audio disabled

Any advice is certainly appreciated!

Best Regards,

J

I used GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0. Same board as you. Problem is with graphics. Trying out a different kext.

I'm using a Z77X-UD5H and I haven't been able to get the 550Ti working yet. I got ML to install by unplugging the GPU and switching to onboard graphics. Did you try that?

No joy with those settings (GE=N PCI=0). Guess I'll swap out my 550ti for my HD5770 to see how that works.

J

I had an identical problem (GeForce 550Ti) - the display would lose signal and go black after the initial Apple logo boot screen.

In my case, one simple step solved the problem:

At the Chimera boot screen, right before selecting the Unibeast USB drive to install ML, I typed PCIRootUID=0. Nothing else - no messing with the Graphics Enabler or anything else.

Other potentially relevant info: I'm running on a Gigabyte board with the most current UEFI beta BIOS - with this BIOS, I'm running DSDT-free so I'm not using any special enablers outside of whatever a default Chimera install would provide.

Hope this is helpful.

PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No FOR THE INSTALL.

First Boot. GraphicsEnabler=No

On your options for multibeast.
Your network should work.
EasyBeast. DO NOT INSTALL NVIDIA DRIVERS. Download the latest installment of chimera. Set your mac profile. Do not install chimera before you complete easybeast or youll copy over the new one with the old one.

Restart.

After that your network wont work. Run multibeast again. Install the network kext. Install your audio...apple rollback/877 and also tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA.

Restart. Now your network works again along with your audio. Enjoy :)

OH if your ivy bridge you have a few other steps. Your on your own there . Sandy bridge over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back