Contribute
Register

Z68XP-UD3 / i7-2600k / HD3000 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you entered the BIOS and enabled more than 64 mb for HD3000? I run multi-beast and reboot to degraded graphics. Then run chimera and reboot. Full graphics.

arpdarp said:
Have you entered the BIOS and enabled more than 64 mb for HD3000? I run multi-beast and reboot to degraded graphics. Then run chimera and reboot. Full graphics.

I've tried upping the memory allocation to integrated graphics to no avail.

Does your mobo have more than one graphics output? The Z68XP has only one HDMI output... it seems that this is the problem. Those with multiple outputs don't seem to be affected.

I was having a similar issue on my board and figured out you can boot through DVI then unplug dvi and switch to HDMI and it works great problem is you have to do it everytime you boot. This is a known issue and there is a fix here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1700218
If anyone reads that and knows what to do please post a tutorial or tell me.

The problem with slow loading/work is solved if you install the Combo 10.7.2 11C62. But I still have graphical artifacts.

Any update on this board with onboard graphics as I have just bought the board and want to use IGP :cry:

torrero said:
The problem with slow loading/work is solved if you install the Combo 10.7.2 11C62. But I still have graphical artifacts.

So is that with Chimera and GraphicsEnabler=Y and/or PCIroot? You didnt say

twalpole and drbanzai... did you get this solved or what are you doing now?

I think this might need some Chimera work so have PM'd Macman to politely ask for help... Fingers crossed!

I just bought this board too, though with an i5-2500K. Hoping I don't need to shop for a graphics card too. I don't game and I don't watch much video on my computer.

I'll let you guys know if I have different results once I get everything up and hopefully running.

Got my HD3000 graphics working, simply by installing the Mac mini 5,1 profile in MultiBeast. After that, no issues at all with graphics.

Had to load everything via USB and first boot with GraphicsEnabler=No to get past the grey Apple logo screen(s).

chace90 said:
Got my HD3000 graphics working, simply by installing the Mac mini 5,1 profile in MultiBeast. After that, no issues at all with graphics.

Had to load everything via USB and first boot with GraphicsEnabler=No to get past the grey Apple logo screen(s).

Chace, for avoidance of doubt could you confirm EXACTLY what you selected in Multibeast?

I assume boot USB stick from Unibeast, with GraphicsEnabler=No first time, install OS. Then download/install 10.7.2 update. Dont reboot. Then Multibeast (list options!) and then reboot without USB stick?

If so, just need a list of Multibeast options PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back