Graphics
Saphire HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a strange one, not sure whats going on hear.

Here is my setup.

Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Saphire HD 6870
Lion 10.7.4

I have been running fine using DVI display port, I tried to connecting my graphics using the display port to display port, I then ran into problems.

1/ initially the PC booted ok till grey apple screen then display wouldn't sync so obviously my setup needed tweaking some how to enable lion to use Display Port. I tried quite a few things i.e. GraphicsEnabler=on and off, AtiPorts=4. I then discovered if i pulled the Display Port lead from the graphics card and reinserted it the screen synced with lion desktop.

2/ After this I then got "waiting for ME ready" at boot couldn't get into bios or anything, just kept looping, eventually I couldn't get anything, motherboard just kept turning off/on in loop no display atall.

I removed the Saphire card and used the onboard HD 3000 display port, exact same thing happened. I was coming to the conclusion my MB had just expired!

I then discovered if I connected using VGA or DVI the issue in 2/ went away completely and now I'm running fine using my original DVI setup. This is all a bit bizarre!

I really need to use the display port as I use one monitor for my windows 7 PC and the Hackintosh, the Dell monitor I have only has DVI, Display Port and VGA.

I hope I have explained this ok and hope someone can help.

Thanks

UPDATE SOLVED:-

Problem was bad quality DisplayPort Cable. Purchased a Startech DisplayPort Cable from Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OOH5ZA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

"waiting for ME ready" error went away and PC booted ok.

I then followed instructions thanks to this post :-

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45769&hilit=Display+port+single+screen

I added key to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, this was the only way I could get the monitor to sync after Apple Grey Screen:-
Code:
   <key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>4</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Thanks to all that contributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.