GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

Up to now I always managed to solve my problems alone with the help of existing threads, but this time, i'm stuck :/

Here is my setup :

Z68MA-D2H-B3
i5 2500K
No Graphic Card (integrated HD3000)
8Gb Corsair 1600Mhz
Lots of Hard Drives that were working perfectly on Windows

The problem is simple, it boots perfectly, but after, randomly, I got a Kernel Panic. Sometimes it's after many hours, sometimes after a couple of minutes.

Can't manage to find the source of the problem, I tried to go to the terminal and get the system.log auto refresh with
Code:
tail -f /var/logs/system.log
during the KP, but nothing appeared in the log in the few seconds preceding the KP.

I went to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports but there is nothing there.

I tried to reproduce the Kernel Panic with many of the actions I did before but it never produce a KP 100% of the time.

What I can say now is that transferring files with FileZilla leads most of the time to a Kernel Panic, and once yesterday, the computer was up, working normally, and I switched on the Home Cinema Amplifier where my computer is linked via Optical SPDIF. The moment I pressed the power button of the Amplifier, Kernel Panic.

I know that there is not many clues, but if anyone has an idea, that would be nice to help :)

Thanks.

The next time you suffer a KP, take a picture of the monitor and post it.

Well, it would only be a random app with

photo.jpg

In the center of the screen.

Took a picture of the timestamps of the terminal to see at the reboot if there were some new lines in the log, but the next line was something like "System boot" so nothing get in the log during or before the KP.

T02Lz.jpg

What are you using for the sound hardware to work?

Some software you are using may have installed a kext that is causing problems. Try making a list of your kexts and attach it to a post.

In Terminal:

Code:
ls /System/Library/Extensions > ~/Desktop/kexts.txt

You will find the file "kexts.txt" on your Desktop.

Here it is

Attachments

• kexts.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 125
Well, after some more time spent on it, it seems that every KP is caused by network traffic. As soon as I start a Filezilla transfer, or an afp transfer etc, it causes a KP.

I'm gonna try an other kext for the LAN then...

I finally saw your thread again and looked at the kext list and I don't really see anything out of the ordinary.

The only thing I might question are the kexts for USB 3.0. You have the Caldigit kexts and some people have problems with them. Enough such that the latest Multibeast has the Caldigit kexts and the LaCie (NEC) kext. Maybe you try to remove the two Caldigit kexts and see if the KP goes away. Save them to reinstall if you still have KP's. The kexts are:

CalDigitFastIO.kext
CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext

If the KP's go away, then try installing the LaCie kext in the latest Multibeast to get your USB 3.0 back.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still getting KPs a few seconds/minutes after starting a FileZilla transfer, so that must really be a problem with the LAN kext. Any idea which kext I should try ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back