Contribute
Register

Z68 Sandy Bridge Hackintosh For Music Productions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
faijai818 said:
Do you have a P67 Chipset or a Z68?

P67 but from what I am able to understand the asrock extremes are pretty close to each other in terms of how they function with peripherals.

Edit: This is interesting...I went to bestbuy and picked up the Dynex 3 1394 card for $35. OSX can see the card and it loads FW HDDs perfectly. Then I tried the FW HDD on the FW port on the Asrock and it reads them fine!

When I plug in the Audiofire, the system profiler just reads "unknown device" but it reads the HDDs perfectly. So I am assuming the Audiofire cant be displayed because the drivers aren;t installed. BUT Echo doesn't let you download drivers. They give you a console which does these things for you. However, the console cant read the Audiofire because OSX doesn't know what it is.

Not sure how to remedy this problem and google didnt turn up much.

Just wanted to let people know I got my system working with pro tools 9.

I had problems with the Lynx AES16 so I returned it for an AES16e model and after installing the version 50 drivers (64bit) everything is cool.
This is not to say the AES16 PCI card won't work with out some tweaking but I wasn't able to pull it off.

So thanks again to Gordo for the great build and now I'm gonna make some music :headbang:

Thanks for all! But just wanna ask if the onboard video works in any way. :)

Ok, i change my X58 ud3r/ i7/950 for a Z68 ud4/i7 2600k and it really Kick's The X58 ass, using Logic 9.15, Ableton Live 8.22, Dp 7,22 in 10.6.8 and Lion

So what was the consensus. Is sandy bridge stable with logic 9 or does anyone have a more stable suggestion? 1136 or P67? I too am really torn rather or not just go with a macmini for stability purposes or to try out a hackintosh. I just need to know whether it will be stable or not.

bigringrider said:
So what was the consensus. Is sandy bridge stable with logic 9 or does anyone have a more stable suggestion? 1136 or P67? I too am really torn rather or not just go with a macmini for stability purposes or to try out a hackintosh. I just need to know whether it will be stable or not.

mine p67 asus works perfect wtih live, logic, final cut.
the z68xp ud3r i hve problem loading ableton.

my system is oc at 4.5 full time. i am very happy with my machine.

Hey guys,

I noticed some of you are using Pro Tools, and I was wondering if any of you had any problems with Pro Tools detecting your iLok? and if so, how you guys managed to fix it!

hi there
here is my 3rd hack build for pro audio use with following hardware:

Motherboard: Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev. 1.3 bios F10
CPU: Intel i5-2400 3.1GHz / 1155 Sandy Bridge
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz
Graphics: ATI Radeon AMD 6870 HD 1Ghz
HD: 2 x Caviar Blue 500 Gb SATA 7500 rpm
Case: G5 modd
O.S. dual boot Windows 7 64 bit + Snow Leopard 10.6.8 64 bit

the pc works well and very faster for audio editing, time stretch, number of Vsti and Plug Ins and audio tracks open
BUT
Logic Pro 9.1.6 (run in 32 bit mode) have a strange "bug" that I've not yet found before also using pc with lower performances...I don't know but this is a big problem...never found in the past on my old hack with cpu core duo, Mb asrok 1333, ram 4Gb 667. strange but true !
when I change sounds in ESX24 with soung in play, if I change too many sounds (for example: more than 8 bass sounds) the Logic freeze and I can only re start the program.
I've not found a solution, and I don't know the reason of this problem....
maybe can be because the cpu and ram are more faster than HD, because my HD is not SATA III...??
looking for suggestions and help

Hi there
My specs are Motherboard: Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev. 1.3 bios F 9 (try and update but motherboard doesn't see me USb.
The propose of my build was to install and run LOGIC 9, RME firewire and 2 PCIE cards (UAD-1)
So i install my Apple DVD with 10.6 and manage to 10.6.6.
I had to use the iBoot disc as otherwise i would get either a black screen in verbose mode.
Or an Apple logo freeze .
Also even thou i run multi beast i cannot get the Hackintosh to see my External HD or USB sticks :(
the other thing about the mother board is that can only support my UAd cards (Hopefully) and there no room for a video card. Lucky for me this one as one build in that i hope to be able to use?

Please help i a musician and my EP is due to be released soon :)

thanks

PS this is my second build just got the parts.

Since your mobo/processor is a Sandy Bridge system, use the last link in my signature block to load SL. :thumbup: There are other useful links in my sig blk, too.

The BIOS update is easy and there are threads/posts on the Forum that tell you how. However, the quick version is unpack the BIOS update from the Gigabyte website either in Windoze or OS X (http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=260774#p260774). Then, format your USB Thumb Drive in FAT32 and http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=262606#p262606

Lastly, please read the Forum Rules. Rule #3 says to put a brief description of your system components in your signature block (mobo, cpu, graphics card), like mine. By doing so, you help us help you better. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back