Contribute
Register

Yosemite totally freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have the problem on an Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 one SSD and Intel HD4600, one stick of RAM, even just after installation and before run Multibeast... ZAP! Frozen... I can boot without any flags, after rebooting and installing audio/eth kexts, it runs fine for 2/3 hours and then frozen again... I don't think it's a 9 series issue as i can see some of you still using series 7 mobo... I'm puzzled o_O

I still have the problem on an Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 one SSD and Intel HD4600, one stick of RAM, even just after installation and before run Multibeast... ZAP! Frozen... I can boot without any flags, after rebooting and installing audio/eth kexts, it runs fine for 2/3 hours and then frozen again... I don't think it's a 9 series issue as i can see some of you still using series 7 mobo... I'm puzzled o_O

Adjusting BCLK or go easy on your RAM timing, and that doesn't work then bump up the RAM voltage in BIOS. I did that and been going strong 12hrs+ no more freeze! :)

Yeah i swear by the freeze fix being BCLK on gigabyte boards. I could make 100mhz work if I ran the memory timings and speed much lower, but with 99.87 i could run everything full speed. even overclocked. The thing is, This is something i didn't find messing with it but rathor gigabyte released their own bios update that made this the DEFAULT because THEY knew about the problem with specific boards and memory stability. Some boards, if you update bios this may already happen. Otherwise, doing it manually if there isn't a newer BIOs available may be worth trying as other poster said.

yes there is a SLIGHT reduction to cpu speed but trust me it's minor. my 4.6ghz overclock is still 4.59 ghz. But my memory is stable at 2133mhz with CL9 and still doesn't freeze, ever. :)

Mystical I'll Try with the latest bios from GIGABYTE to see if there are improvements, otherwise i'll try to slow down the BCLK a bit... :think:

Hey!
Unfortunatly no, same issues random total freeze, I've changed videocard, memory, SSDs, motherboard brand always same issues. I've increase voltage on RAM, freeze, lowered BCLK, freeze.

Don't know what to do :(

GA-Z87X-UD3H here: I solved the freezes definitely with a Bios downgrade (to F9). Others say that you could try with Clover.

YEAH! With Clover my Hackintosh is running smoothly!!! no crash since 8 hours!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

THaNK YOU ALL! THANKs HEMON!

BTW I need to install ALC1150 Kexts, any advice? :crazy:

Ok i've solved 1150 audio issue, just run latest Multibeast install AL1150 and enable Other EFI on the same panel. It's working great, no stability issue, very fast.

SO my installation for who interested was:
0. Set optimized default on BIOS (Gigabyte) disable Vt-d and Virtualization Technology
1. Follow the Tony's guide to create USB boot with CLOVER
2. install Yosemite
3. install Clover on Yosemite Disk
4. Run Multibeast to enable audio and Trim Support.
5. Enjoy!

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back