Contribute
Register

Yosemite sleep/wake problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
same problem here alla worked flawlessly on mavericks now when i try to restart or shutdown my system it goes in something like standbye and i have to shut it down from power button.After a long search i see that this is a common problem with imacs and mac book pro they have all the same problems its yosemite bugs and not hackintosh problems with our builds.

After a long search i see that this is a common problem with imacs and mac book pro they have all the same problems its yosemite bugs and not hackintosh problems with our builds.

Well, that's good news because it means Apple will (probably) fix it in 10.10.1!

Hi,

i will try this. I had a long time problems with sleep - never works with Mavericks.

I use Clover 2953 - with my own dsdt and ssdt and some driver from MultiBeast.

Same Yosemite issue on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH with Chimera 4.0 (installed from Multibeast 7.0.0). Specifically, occasionally waking the machine from sleep I see the mouse pointer (and it moves) but the screen stays black. After some time, the pointer changes to a spinning beach ball. A hard reboot seems to be the only way to get it to respond. I can't even ssh in from another machine to see what is happening.

One thing I noticed is that if I disable Little Snitch, the problem seemed to go away. And when I re-enabled it yesterday, the problem popped up again. This could be a coincidence, but is anyone else running Little Snitch (v3.4.2)?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't know how to do this using Multibeast/Chimera system. Can I just put that file in my Extensions file and fix permissions? Tim

Yes, that's how you install kexts in Chimera, or use Kextbeast.

I can confirm is NOT a problem with our builds BUT with Yosemite itself: my MacBook Pro does not goes to sleep when the lid is closed or even when using the system menu. Same exact thing with my father's Mac Mini. Many threads about it in Apple Support (for example: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6605926)

Going back to Mavericks in all of my computers...

I used Clover to install Yosemite on my trusty old Dell Inspiron 530 (based on P35 chipset).
Sleeps ok (screen goes off instantly, then 30 seconds later the fans and power shuts off).
Touching the keyboard key wakes the system but the screen is black and Caps Lock light does not turn on/off.
System is frozen and the only way out is to keep the power button pressed.
Maverick sleep/wake works fine on the same system (using Chimera as the boot loader).
May be its a Clover issue ?

I am now trying to re-install using Unibeast but just cannot get the installer to boot. I tried -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, maxmem=4096, etc, etc. I have a Geforce GT240 graphics. -v shows lot of output and even see nvidia driver being loaded. Screen clears and the system is hung.

UPDATE: I eventually managed to install Y10.10 using Unibeast (had to hack Unibeast by adding my DSDT.aml from Mavericks for the installer to boot). Implication = Unibeast does not work on any PC without tweaking. Anyway, installed 10.10 fine, did the post install stuff and seems to work fine. BUT wake from sleep does not work anymore. Sleep still take 30 seconds to sleep (turn off fans, etc) but Wake using power button or keyboard hangs the system.

CONCLUSION: Wake from sleep problem is NOT related to Chimera/Chamelon OR Clover but with Yosemite. Awaiting 10.10.01

Last edited:
vizx86 said:
Mine sleeps. Then I tap the keyboard to wake it up, and it goes into reboot.

anyone else running into this?

Yes, that's exactly the problem I have as well. I had to turn off sleep. Yuck.

You guys might try the updated GenericUSBXHCI.kext as mentioned earlier (if you're using that kext); also try setting hibernate mode to 0 as others have suggested:

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Here's my experience with turning off sleep - it doesn't work, my system still goes to sleep (and doesn't wake up) anyway. I'm using PleaseSleep to prevent it from sleeping, though it appears it isn't working. Maybe the folks who wrote it need to update it for Yosemite, I think I'll drop them a line and ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back