Contribute
Register

Yosemite - Lenovo Yoga 13 Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just a newbie trying to understand. Can't you not install on hard drive (OSX partition). Thats what I did last time ? I am appreciate your help. Thanks

I am just a newbie trying to understand. Can't you not install on hard drive (OSX partition). Thats what I did last time ? I am appreciate your help. Thanks

Of course, but first you must create an installer USB and boot to the OS X installer.

So, if I understood correctly. I have re-install OS completely using chameleon boot loader. I can't use the existing working OS to just re-install just the boot loader ? Thanks

So, if I understood correctly. I have re-install OS completely using chameleon boot loader. I can't use the existing working OS to just re-install just the boot loader ? Thanks

What OS X version are you running now? You're posting in the Yosemite forum.

Post #1 implies you're attempting to install Yosemite and are unable to reach the installer.

If you've already installed, of course you can simply install the bootloader (Chameleon) and configure it correctly.

I am running Yosemite but display is only showing 3M VRAM that means graphics driver not loaded and I can't do any video or run Unity3D. It is very slow and sluggish. I may be confusing you. I though changing the boot loader on the existing Yosemite from Chimera to Chameleon will load the graphic driver which will enable the hardware acceleration. Am I wrong ? I could be since I just getting into Hackintosh.

Thanks

... I though changing the boot loader on the existing Yosemite from Chimera to Chameleon will load the graphic driver which will enable the hardware acceleration.

If you install Chameleon and use the flags I specified earlier... yes.

I installed the latest Chameleon and now its restarting my computer. Any clue ?

I have been trying to install Mavericks and now Yosemite and was not able to make it work (Hardware acceleration) I am really tired.

Basically to clarify after loading the HFS+ files, it just reboots. Any pointers on this ?

I installed the latest Chameleon and now its restarting my computer. Any clue ?

I have been trying to install Mavericks and now Yosemite and was not able to make it work (Hardware acceleration) I am really tired.

When does the restart happen? What bootflags are you using?

Some Lenovos suffer from lapic panic. Use cpus=1 as a workaround until you can install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon Wizard.

If you're tired, get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back