Graphics
GE force gt 430 NVIDIA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys, so I'm trying a fresh new install on my computer. I had Snow Leopard prior and I had to discard that old hard drive and replace with a new 2TB Seagate one. I tried to install Yosemite fresh from this site's installation guide. I got pretty far but when I get to the white screen with the apple logo it loads to about 20% and then turns off. I've tried a bunch of stuff like safe mode, verbose mode, single-user mode, and typing in all the other boot stuff. Any ideas? I'm trying to make a new flash drive to see if MAYBE that'll help but i'm not terribly optimistic.

EDIT: new drive did not work.

Hey Guys, so I'm trying a fresh new install on my computer. I had Snow Leopard prior and I had to discard that old hard drive and replace with a new 2TB Seagate one. I tried to install Yosemite fresh from this site's installation guide. I got pretty far but when I get to the white screen with the apple logo it loads to about 20% and then turns off. I've tried a bunch of stuff like safe mode, verbose mode, single-user mode, and typing in all the other boot stuff. Any ideas? I'm trying to make a new flash drive to see if MAYBE that'll help but i'm not terribly optimistic.

EDIT: new drive did not work.

Boot partition must be less than 1TB. Did you format/partition the drive properly before attempting to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back