GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

New to Hackintoshing and attempting my first build on my existing gaming PC.
Specs are;
i7 950
GTX 460
Gigabyte GA-X58
12GB Corsair XMS3 1333
120GB OCZ SSD

Basically, i've managed on multiple times to sucesfully install Yosemite onto the PC. After going through the install, restart and setup I manage to make it to the OSX Desktop:D

My problem starts here. Upon reboot of the PC, I often get 'Bios Checksum Error' which then asks if I want to reset to the last known good config. Doing this reset then takes me to the OSX boot screen where the whole thing just hangs.

I have tried installing the DSDT file for my motherboard and revision from the database on this forum. I'm using multibeast and following a post off somebody who has successfully installed OSX on the same motherboard im using. I'm selecting the settings I believe are correct and installing the DSDT file for my motherboard with no luck. I pretty much always get the Checksum error, or if I dont get this error, the OSX boot process always hangs on restart of the machine.

Does anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong? Do I need to use a DSDT file?

Any help would be much appreciated as ive been trying to get this working for a while and im starting to lose patience!

Thanks

Alex

which board? UD3, UD5, UD7? It does make a difference.

Apologies, its UD3

When you run MultiBeast post install of OS X, what are your selections?
Did you download a DSDT from the forum database to match your exact board model number and BIOS revision number and install it in the /Extra folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back