Contribute
Register

Yet another Still waiting for root device thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! Thanks to your help, RehabMan, I've managed to get Mavericks installed on my system and have only a few things left to make it perfect.

1. I know that the intel wifi card I have in this thing will not work so I'm trying to grab a Broadcom card from ebay.
2. When Mac loads there is a bunch of graphical issues that only go away for that session if I change the display resolution. I also don't see these issues if I load in Single User Mode.
3. VoodooHDA which is required for my audio causes a kernel panic when installed. I've found out that this might be caused by the DSDT I am using.
4. The SD card reader doesn't seem to be working.

I am very thankful for all the help I've gotten so far and would appreciate any advice for these clean up errors. Particularly 2 and 4!

Once I get this working properly, I intend to write a detailed tutorial for anyone else with this tablet.

Thanks in advance!
L92

Last edited:
Right! Thanks to your help, RehabMan, I've managed to get Mavericks installed on my system and have only a few things left to make it perfect.

1. I know that the intel wifi card I have in this thing will not work so I'm trying to grab a Broadcom card from ebay.
2. When Mac loads there is a bunch of graphical issues that only go away for that session if I change the display resolution. I also don't see these issues if I load in Single User Mode.
3. VoodooHDA which is required for my audio causes a kernel panic when installed. I've found out that this might be caused by the DSDT I am using.
4. The SD card reader doesn't seem to be working.

I am very thankful for all the help I've gotten so far and would appreciate any advice for these clean up errors. Particularly 2 and 4!

Once I get this working properly, I intend to write a detailed tutorial for anyone else with this tablet.

Thanks in advance!
L92

Keep in mind not all Broadcom WiFi cards are supported... Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

No experience here with Nvidia graphics....

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Not all card readers are supported. Approach depends on the manufacturer of the device and how it is connected to to computer (PCI vs. USB).

Do you have any idea as to how I might go about getting the touchscreen working? It works in Yosemite OOB but not Mavericks. Is there any way to take the Yosemite kext responsible and use it in Mavericks? Is there another source? I found Touch-Base UPDD but it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

BTW: I found the best wifi card usable for my system and the best way to implement it for my build. I am waiting for this to finish writing a system-specific Mavericks installation tutorial with detailed step-by-step instructions (Including using VirtualBox on win 8 to build an installation USB, Installation of base OS, Clover and kext install, Wifi card hardware switch, and finishing installation).

I've been keeping notes and taking screenshots through out. When I'm done, I'm going to find the best way to do everything and try to make it as painless as possible to get Mavericks up-and-running on an Asus Transformerbook T300la-US51T. If that's okay with you guys.

Do you have any idea as to how I might go about getting the touchscreen working? It works in Yosemite OOB but not Mavericks. Is there any way to take the Yosemite kext responsible and use it in Mavericks? Is there another source? I found Touch-Base UPDD but it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Contact dave @touchbase.

BTW: I found the best wifi card usable for my system and the best way to implement it for my build. I am waiting for this to finish writing a system-specific Mavericks installation tutorial with detailed step-by-step instructions (Including using VirtualBox on win 8 to build an installation USB, Installation of base OS, Clover and kext install, Wifi card hardware switch, and finishing installation).

I'm a bit suspect of the VirtualBox part. Keep in mind the rules (that you agreed to): http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back