Graphics
GTX550
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to upgrade my SL 10.6.8 to Lion but xMove is not working.

1. Made a clean install of SL 10.6.3;
2. Install update helper and reboot;
3. Install 10.6.8 combo update and reboot;
4. Plug in my pen drive with Lion app downloaded from apple store;
5. Copy the dmg file to my hard drive and install it;
6. Reboot and run xMove;

xMove starts executing but it halts right after starting and give me a message that it failed.

At this point I haven't executed MultiBeast yet. The new partition created is 10GB size.

I would really appreciate any help!

UPDATE: I found that it was necessary to mount the .dmg file in order to make xMove completes successfully.

Although I can't boot from the installer partition... the system reboots automatically and the last message is something like "DSDT.aml table not found"...

The first attempt I have made was installing everything without running multibeast... I also have tried to install MultiBeast on SL 10.6.8 but it won't work either.

When you use xMove make sure your destination is the "Installer" partition and NOT on your Snow Leopard HD

also make sure to use MultiBeast 3.9 in SL and 4.0 in Lion

I also have the same issue, but getting a different error msg while booting from Install partition using xMove. I mounted the Lion and installed xMove into my Install partition. But while booting from Install partition, I am getting this msg:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Bug: launchctl.c:2408 (24957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
Previous shutdown Cause: 3
No interval found for . Using 8000000
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::StartForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
DSMOS has arrived

After this, it hangs..

You say you mounted Lion install disk, but you need to run and install it on your SL drive before using xMove and booting into your installer partition

But I am not able to run Lion on my SL drive. Since I have 10.6.3. To run Lion I need 10.6.6 or higher. Unfortunately as soon as I update to 10.6.8 My PC is neither booting from hard drive nor from iBoot disk.

I finally managed to install Lion successfully! :D

Following the steps I have taken:

1. Boot with iBoot CD and install SL 10.6.3 (Need to add -x to boot without any issue);
2. After installation is complete the PC will restart, insert iBoot CD again and boot with the drive you have installed SL;
3. Install update helper and reboot;
4. Open MultiBeast and run the updater (don't reboot);
5. Run MultiBeast and reboot (in all my attempts MultiBeast gives a failure message, it seems to be "normal");
6. Mount Lion .dmg and install;
7. After reboot mount the Lion .dmg file again and run xMove;
8. Reboot and now user the rBoot instead of iBoot;
9. Install Lion;

At this point you should have almost everything working fine in you machine. I just had to run MultiBeast again to install the audio which was not working after the update.

Thanks!! You are lucky.
But I have a Dell Studio 1558 with Intel Core i5 CPU M520 @ 2.4GHz. I guess this is not 2nd generation which we call as Sandy Bridge. So I don't have to run Update Helper. But after updating to 10.6.8 and running Multibeast, I am stuck with this error:

* ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:StartForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) Timed out
* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present (Keeps repeating)
* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present (Keeps repeating)
* DSMOS has arrived

I also tried installing nullcpupowermanagement from Multibeast, but no luck.
That's it. After that it hangs..

Have you tried to boot with -x? Just to see if the problem persists...

Yeah.. I tried with -x and -x -v and -x -v -f. It just hangs after this message even after installing Nullcpupowermanagement:
* ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:StartForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) Timed out

This happens only after updating to 10.6.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back