Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I already had Lion before my previous Hard-Drive crashed, so this is very strange, I can't recall this happening last time. I did everything right up to the part where I'm using Xmove.
After I agree to the license, it skips through the Destination Select right to Installation Type (and it says Costume Install on "Hard Drive" which is my main partition).
And yes, I have the Installer partition right here, exactly as the guide says.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Re: Xmove, skips Destination Select

3rd_egg said:
I already had Lion before my previous Hard-Drive crashed, so this is very strange, I can't recall this happening last time. I did everything right up to the part where I'm using Xmove.
After I agree to the license, it skips through the Destination Select right to Installation Type (and it says Costume Install on "Hard Drive" which is my main partition).
And yes, I have the Installer partition right here, exactly as the guide says.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

i create two test partition ,and install xmove to test 1 ,after restart it will show the test ,remove and repartition the test 2 using disk utilities after lion install :thumbup:

Can you explain that again a bit more detailed? Didn't understand anything :oops:
But anyway, I can't install Xmove to "test 1" because it only let's me install it to my Snow Leopard partition, which will break my OS! (already did it once)

I still don't understand why it doesn't allow me to choose the right partition...

Please help me here!! It's such a dumb thing to be stuck on! surely there's a way to force Xmove to let me choose the right partition!

Forget everything previously posted here- Open xmove, click an option- press continue, then Change Install Location! :D

Attachments

• xmove.png
    xmove.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 830

Thanks!! So simple, was just too afraid to hit that Install button...

tonymacx86 said:
Forget everything previously posted here- Open xmove, click an option- press continue, then Change Install Location! :D

apologies if i confused anybody :(

:lol: :lol: need to learn more, thanks for the tip :D

The guide really should be updated with this info. I was convinced I had done something wrong in partitioning, as this sequence is not only non-intuitive (skipping destination select and clicking INSTALL before choosing destination), it is also different than what the tutorial says to do. VERY CONFUSING if you have not done it before, and highly likely to end in sorrow.

+1 for adding this little tidbit of information to the guide as well, I was also too afraid to hit install after reading about the issues others had by installing to the wrong drive.

Another vote for including this note into the installation tutorial. I was afraid can not choose the partition and break my Snow Leopard install, and spend some ( not a lot, but some :p ) time to be sure. Then I found this post. Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back