Contribute
Register

X99-UD4 + 5960x + GTX 960 + Yosemite Working Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I also have bought a Gigabyte X99 UD4 + 5960X + SSD and have put my old GTX 670 but unable to pass the apple logo screen with Yosemite.
The progess bar starts like 3% and it hangs forever.
I have tried tons of flags, but no success.

I have followed Bob Roche tuto and patched the kernel of the USB stick as well as put the kext for 8 cores support, but nothing works.

How have you done?

Are you going to use the 670 as your main card or are you going to go with something newer? As for booting try using the boot flags "npci_0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -f -x -v" (without the quotes). If this still doesn't work try adding to the flags "nv_disable=1". Just as a heads up if you do get it working make sure for post installation in Multibeast you select "GraphicsEnabler=No" because your card will not require it.

Side note: the "-v" in the boot flags tells it to boot into verbose mode, this will allow you to see what it is getting stuck on. Once you find it take a pic of it and post it so others might be able to help you.

Good luck!

Hi,

I also have bought a Gigabyte X99 UD4 + 5960X + SSD and have put my old GTX 670 but unable to pass the apple logo screen with Yosemite.
The progess bar starts like 3% and it hangs forever.
I have tried tons of flags, but no success.

I have followed Bob Roche tuto and patched the kernel of the USB stick as well as put the kext for 8 cores support, but nothing works.

How have you done?

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back