Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,
I have succesfully installed Nvidia web drivers for my new build with EVGA GXT 1080. But I have some problems that I would love to solve. The method for Pascal drivers I used was following:

After fresh install, I did install latest Multibeast with only few kexts for my motherboard ASROCK Z270 EXTREME 4:

- UEFI Boot mode
- Realtek ALC1220
- 100 / 200 Series Audio
- FakeSMC
- IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
- Increase Max port limit 200 series
- Clover UEFI boot mode
- iMac 17,1
- Nvidia Graphic Fixup

Then I install Clover with: EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume. Unfortunately it did not work without installing Clover Bootloader so now Im on Clover instead of Multibeast.

Running 10.12.6 version, I have correct reading of my memory = 8191MB.
The only problem that I have is when I switched from DVI cable to Displayport, I have wrong resolution when I start the computer. After it reaches the Sierra - it switches to normal. See attached photos.

1. Question - how do I fix this resolution problem? Maybe it is BIOS related? I have Bios setting for resolution set on AUTO.
2. Question - is there a way to switch back to Multibeast boot loader?

Sorry I'm new to this, this is my second build - last one Intel 4770k was super easy.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    537.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1910.JPG
    IMG_1910.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    493.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hello guys,
I have succesfully installed Nvidia web drivers for my new build with EVGA GXT 1080. But I have some problems that I would love to solve. The method for Pascal drivers I used was following:

After fresh install, I did install latest Multibeast with only few kexts for my motherboard ASROCK Z270 EXTREME 4:

- UEFI Boot mode
- Realtek ALC1220
- 100 / 200 Series Audio
- FakeSMC
- IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
- Increase Max port limit 200 series
- Clover UEFI boot mode
- iMac 17,1
- Nvidia Graphic Fixup

Then I install Clover with: EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume. Unfortunately it did not work without installing Clover Bootloader so now Im on Clover instead of Multibeast.

Running 10.12.6 version, I have correct reading of my memory = 8191MB.
The only problem that I have is when I switched from DVI cable to Displayport, I have wrong resolution when I start the computer. After it reaches the Sierra - it switches to normal. See attached photos.

1. Question - how do I fix this resolution problem? Maybe it is BIOS related? I have Bios setting for resolution set on AUTO.
2. Question - is there a way to switch back to Multibeast boot loader?

Sorry I'm new to this, this is my second build - last one Intel 4770k was super easy.

Thanks a lot!

What resolution should it be? What is the resolution set to in your config?

Do it in UEFI/BIOS
I know in my case that turning CSM support off when booting UEFI worked for me.
You can try it by changing Windows 8/10 features from "Other OS" to Windows 8/10 WHQL.
Then the option to disable CSM support will be visible.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back