Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman. I have mountain lion 10.8.3 Lenovo z580 i5 3210m works ps2 controller , cam , bt , usb 2.0 and 3.0 , audio , fn keys , touchpad , intel 4000 (dont work nvidia gt630m) , dont work wireless brcm 4313 , card reader. Only Dual Boot win 7 ultimate and ML 10.8.3.
Man your post is very very successful. I could install your post ML 10.8.3

How your ML 10.8.3 update to 10.9.0 ( Macericks) ?

If your installed ML 10.9.0 Lenovo z580 please help me ?

Can upload DSDT files and all worked kexts here ?

Sorry for my bad English. Thanks very much everything.

Indeed, my question is similar. Has anyone installed 10.9 Mavericks on a Z580 successfully? Especially in light of the stupid-simple upgrade with UniBeast 3 and MultiBeast 6 for my other machines.

Hi Rehabman. I have mountain lion 10.8.3 Lenovo z580 i5 3210m works ps2 controller , cam , bt , usb 2.0 and 3.0 , audio , fn keys , touchpad , intel 4000 (dont work nvidia gt630m) , dont work wireless brcm 4313 , card reader. Only Dual Boot win 7 ultimate and ML 10.8.3.
Man your post is very very successful. I could install your post ML 10.8.3

How your ML 10.8.3 update to 10.9.0 ( Macericks) ?

If your installed ML 10.9.0 Lenovo z580 please help me ?

Can upload DSDT files and all worked kexts here ?

Sorry for my bad English. Thanks very much everything.

nvidia is not supported (Optimus)
BCM 4313 is not supported (replace it).
Some card readers are not supported...

I don't have a Lenovo computer.

nvidia is not supported (Optimus)
BCM 4313 is not supported (replace it).
Some card readers are not supported...

I don't have a Lenovo computer.

Thank you for answering.

Can I ask you something? My response is insufficient to throw count answer.
Would you please ask her for me ? (Birkley: http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/birkley/)

Hey bullfrog and everyone,

My audio jack sensing is now only half working. It seemed to be working perfectly, but then after a couple weeks of usage, I notice that waking from sleep sometimes doesn't enable jack sensing well. Very frustrating! Anyone have any better successes?

Secondly, I didn't have to change my DSDT for HD 4000. Just my boot.plist flag. I am also using a macpro 9,1 smbios.plist file. See attached files.

I don't know how clover works - I just use chimera

Hi Birkley. I read your post and installed ML 10.8.3 and worked.
but I want to install a clean installation with the Maverick.
System : Lenovo z580 i5 3210M HM76 Chipset , HD 4000 and Nvidia 630M (don't supported all osx version)
Feed in pre-installed on my files I get the error?
Your post uploaded /extra folder and kexts with can i install maverick ?
Did you get a clean installation of Maverick?

I successfully installed 10.9 Mavericks on an i5 Z580. I did not do a fresh installation but instead installed over top of an existing 10.8.5 installation. But I see no reason a fresh installation cannot be made.

Since this thread is in the ML Support forum, I posted some info and my files over in the Mavericks forum:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114748-lenovo-z580-mav-installation.html

Very nice. I also just installed Mavericks on my i7 Z580 with surprising ease. It actually booted up without any issue. I was even able to get USB 3 working after apply a DSDT patch!

I'll post some of my files over in this new forum. In a sense, I think the Z580 does need a new thread that doesn't say 'work in progress' anymore, since it works fine with only a few major issues.

Hi Birkley. I read your post and installed ML 10.8.3 and worked.
but I want to install a clean installation with the Maverick.
System : Lenovo z580 i5 3210M HM76 Chipset , HD 4000 and Nvidia 630M (don't supported all osx version)
Feed in pre-installed on my files I get the error?
Your post uploaded /extra folder and kexts with can i install maverick ?
Did you get a clean installation of Maverick?

Hey man!
I did install Mavericks, and it wasn't too bad. It was NOT from a fresh install. I used Unibeast, but I had to use my org.chameleon.plist file AND smbios file. Otherwise I would have an graphics card issue and the Mavericks installer wouldn't load. I just replaced the files on my Unibeast USB stick that are inside the hidden /Extra folder.

Hey man!
I did install Mavericks, and it wasn't too bad. It was NOT from a fresh install. I used Unibeast, but I had to use my org.chameleon.plist file AND smbios file. Otherwise I would have an graphics card issue and the Mavericks installer wouldn't load. I just replaced the files on my Unibeast USB stick that are inside the hidden /Extra folder.
Thanks Birkley. I am reading Maverick post now. I hope you do the installation properly.

Hi bullfroglou, could you please shed some light how you got clover to work.
I have never used it before. I'm triple booting with ubuntu 13.10 and windows 8 they both fine from efi but can't get osx to boot except from unibeast installer which I've misplaced.
Could you or someone please upload their clover files so I can have a look.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back